1.    #1  
    Hi,

I seem to remember that there was an issue with people getting ebay Treo Pros & that sprint wouldnt activate them or some other issue.

Can I safely get a STP from an ebay seller with good feedback (1000+) and use it on sprint & get insurance/warranty support from sprint?

My 800w (still under warranty) has been swapped out at least 4 times by tech support at sprint at no charge. Will an Ebay STP be treated the same way?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    As long as the ESN is not black listed. Ask the seller first before you buy.

If you get the old ROM, you can flash it yourself. I saw it on another forum.

800w swapped out 4x. You must have a string of bad luck.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    As long as they say clean ESN I am assuming I am good? Also its the 1.04 firmware thats the good one right?

Ugg my first 800w lasted 8 months (pretty good), then the N and A buttons stopped working.

Unforunately the refurbs all had their issues. I had two that when you put them down, the phone rebooted.

It was like when they were made, they didnt make them all with the same sizes in the battery compartment.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Pay with your credit card.

I believe 1.04 fireware is the latest.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    i got mine from ebay. the dude said it was 1.04 but it was really 1.03. i activated the phone online without a problem. this was before there was a firmware update. now there is a firmware update and i also installed that just fine. no problems. if you decided to get it from ebay and use buy it now don't forget to use the bing.com cashback that has been sitting at 8% the last few months.
    when i switched phones it kept the insurance on the line, but i never had to try it out. as far as warranty goes I am not sure, if it is a phone from the missing shipment you may have trouble getting it replaced by palm, but sprint should be fine since they are charging you for the insurance. i took the insurance off because the 100 copay or whatever they charge is not worth it, i will just risk it on a $200 phone.
    I bought mine off E-bay a few months ago. It came with 1.04 and I had no problem switching the insurance from my old phone to this phone.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just picked mine up off ebay after switching from the 800w. I activated it through the sprint website and couldn't be happier. 800w was good but I'm really liking the pro. Got it for $175 on ebay with by it now.