Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    On the latest and greatest version of Kinoma Play, I cannot find the Google Reader Application that I installed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstad View Post
    On the latest and greatest version of Kinoma Play, I cannot find the Google Reader Application that I installed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

John
    Explain to me how you installed Google reader and I'll try it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I installed from the get apps icon within Kinoma Play. I was looking for the Google Reader to be listed on the home screen...it wasn't.

I was able to get it onto the home screen by finding Google Reader by pressing apps and then save it to the home screen.

Thanks-

John
    I installed from the get apps icon within Kinoma Play. I was looking for the Google Reader to be listed on the home screen...it wasn't.

I was able to get it onto the home screen by finding Google Reader by pressing apps and then save it to the home screen.

Thanks-

John
    It is. Simply as "news".
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    pics/screenshots?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    First install the application (GNews beta). Then you need to go to the Applications "tab" and you'll see it.
    News is NOT the same as Google News on Kinoma.
    Once you find GNews, you should add it to the home screen. Not sure why it's not automatically added there, but it wasn't for me on my 800w either.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    First install the application (GNews beta). Then you need to go to the Applications "tab" and you'll see it.
    News is NOT the same as Google News on Kinoma.
    Once you find GNews, you should add it to the home screen. Not sure why it's not automatically added there, but it wasn't for me on my 800w either.
    You're right -- hidden under "apps". That's what I get for assuming....
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    How is Google Reader on Kinoma? Pretty easy to use? I assume that it isn't able to get the whole article though is it?
    John,

Normally, newly-installed apps are put in the first-available space on your Home screens.

That didn't happen with our first release of the Google Reader app, so we've pushed out a tiny update to it to fix that.

Note that you can always find all of your installed apps in Apps. To add them to your Home screens, touch-and-hold the app icon to show the menu pod (or select + right softkey on non-touch devices) and choose Media > Add To > Home Screen.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Thanks Charles-

That's what ended up happening.

Great application...it just gets better.

Thanks so much-

John