1.    #1  
    has anyone noticed that they are having to do more and more soft resets recently? I have had this phone since the end of May and everything has been perfect. Now within the last 2 weeks I have to do a soft reset at least 8 times. The screens keep getting stuck half of one screen and half of another. The phone locks up and I get it unlocked unless i do a soft reset. What is really going on?

I only have 3 after market apps ct clock, group sms, and treo pro alert. These have all been on the phone since week 2 of me getting it.
    treo pro
    i always have to soft reset everyday. phone always hangs. doesnt matter what program i use. its very random.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have found a couple of times where my phone will hang/crash and need to be reset after incoming calls (answered or not answered). I have been able to stop the crashes for now, but I have found that I can make them show back up in at least two instances:

1. If Flexmail logging is turned on and left on
    2. If I set up Activesync to sync to Google's Server (in addition to my normal PC Activesync)

Very strange and I am not sure why those two activities would cause crashing, but they do. I worry about what other activities will bring out the crashes. I have quite a few 3rd party apps installed on my phone but of the one's phone-a-holic listed I only have Treo Alert Pro.

I don't notice that a crash has occurred until I notice that the screensaver time is off from what it should be and the device won't wake up.

Is this similar to what you experience? I wish I could fix this...
    Hmmp, I don't know what bad voodoo your phone's have. I haven't reset my Pro in weeks and it's chock full of apps (e.g pandora, wmwifirouter, pocketplayer, sktools, youtube, palringo, skype, coreplayer, facebook, pocketrar, qik, pocketfart, resco, skyfire.......and on and on). Rock solid phone.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Just do a hard reset.

I do mine once every 2 months to make things go faster.

Everything needs maintenance.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    i do a sr about 1 -2 times some weeks....otherwise no need....I want a contact mgr app that is touch based and wont crash ringers attached to contacts....so I am taking it slow with adding apps....
    Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    has anyone noticed that they are having to do more and more soft resets recently? I have had this phone since the end of May and everything has been perfect. Now within the last 2 weeks I have to do a soft reset at least 8 times. The screens keep getting stuck half of one screen and half of another. The phone locks up and I get it unlocked unless i do a soft reset. What is really going on?

I only have 3 after market apps ct clock, group sms, and treo pro alert. These have all been on the phone since week 2 of me getting it.
    Not mine....

Not like we have had an update or anything.... honestly, nothing from outside forces, then it must be your phone... what have you installed in the last couple of weeks?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Rock solid phone.
    Don't get me wrong...my phone is solid as well except in the few situations that I listed. If I don't have logging in Flexmail or Activesync with Google set up then I don't get these hangs or crashes. I just wish I could figure out if there is a software conflict causing these or something.

Does anyone else ActiveSync to Google for contacts and calendar without issue? (Google Sync for your mobile phone) If so then what 3rd party apps do you have installed?
    Recurrent need for soft reset is the "way of life" for smartphone users. Many programs/processes can create problems with notification and other systems DB that - as someone already said - occasional maintenance is needed.

I have found that regular use of utilities such as Memaid or SK Tools makes the system more stable by rebuilding notifications and fixing registry entries that "survive" program removal. I have both, but Memaid (in my opinion) should be easier to understand if you have never use such programs.