1.    #1  
    I recently got the Sprint TP and thinking about getting a BT stereo headset. Really like the form factor of the S9-HD but would like some feedback from owners. My uses would include mostly bicycle riding and light jogging.

This is what I would like to know about it...

1. How is the music sound quality and volume.
    2. Battery life.
    3. Comfort for extended wear ~ over 2 hours.
    4. Phone call quality.

Appreciate any comments.

Also looking at the S7-HD if anyone cares to comment on this one too.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Here is my opinion on the original S9's. The HD is supposed to have better buttons and sound quality.

1. How is the music sound quality and volume.

Excellent, good bass, low distortion

2. Battery life.

Pretty Good, about 4-6 hours

3. Comfort for extended wear ~ over 2 hours.

Two hours is max for me. Give your ears a 5 min break, and they're comfy again

4. Phone call quality.

Mic is not great and you can only listen on one side. I think the HDs might have fixed these issues as well
    1. Very good
    2. Very Good
    3. Good, although when bike riding the combo of helmet plus headset plus your neck angle can get a little uncomfortable if you're on a road bike

4. average (although in stereo which is nice)

I went through 4 or 5 original S9s that all died due to sweat kiling the buttons but haven't had any of those problems with the S9 HD which I've had for about a year now..

Go for it!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both, very informative.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Origional S9's - Run away fast. I went throug 8 pair before Motorola customer advocate relations finally refunded me my money.

*New Moto RokrS9-HD (AWESOME!) sound is improved and buttons are much better. much more sweat resistant.

I have had a pair since Febuary and use them at least two hours daily for exercise. on a bike trainer and outdoors. I highly recommend them.

I would also recommend the Bluetrek ST1's if you cycle. The ear downward behind the neck design is perfect for sun glasses and bike helmet. But I think the S9-HD sound better.

OrionNE
    Last edited by OrionNE; 07/16/2009 at 04:28 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    ...I would also recommend the Bluetrek ST1's if you cycle. The ear downward behind the neck design is perfect for sun glasses and bike helmet. But I think the S9-HD sound better.

OrionNE
    Will research the Bluetrek too. Thanks for the input.

Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I had a pair of the JB200's They are good too. I did not like the placement of the controls. They were very hard to press to change songs and answer calls. Also not very sunglass friendly the way they hook over the ears. But still very lightweight and sweat/water resistant. In fact the initial design was for swimming.

OrionNE
    I had some major problems with the S9's. Speaker quality is par. Cuts in and out when there is too much motion from the player. Also, had to RMA because it just would not hold a charge for more than 5 mins.

I've moved on to a pair of Altec BackBeat 903's. Which I Highly Recommend! Sound is far superior, first bluetooth earbud headphones that actually have bass. Plus, they do not block "all" outside noise.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cc92260 View Post
    I had some major problems with the S9's. Speaker quality is par. Cuts in and out when there is too much motion from the player. Also, had to RMA because it just would not hold a charge for more than 5 mins.

I've moved on to a pair of Altec BackBeat 903's. Which I Highly Recommend! Sound is far superior, first bluetooth earbud headphones that actually have bass. Plus, they do not block "all" outside noise.

I am sure you mean the S9 not S9-HD. The S9-HD with SRS-WOW the bass is fantastic. Make's the old S9 sould like tin cans.

OrionNE
  11.    #11  
    Agree, which S9 model are you talking about; the original or the HD. I had a few issues with the original S9 model myself.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have a couple of pairs of the original s9's and love them.. my biggest issue though is that sometimes they cut out. I live in NYC and I think this may be from interference of all the other stuff putting out EMF here, as when Iím in the park I don't have a problem. In fact this is why i have not upgraded to the S9 HD.. I heard that they are more likely to cut out than the originals.. ostensibly because they are pushing more data due to the HD sound quality
    I have not used the S9-HD jogging, but love them on the road and mountain bikes. Jogging they may bounce too much.

My first pair died, would not charge, and Motorola was great about replacing them.

One bonus to note, Voice Command works if you touch the left-center button briefly, hold it to redial.

Touch the button, say "play everything", and off ya go!