1.    #1  
    Hi,

Just wondering what everybody's RSS reader for windows mobile is? I was using egress, but I find it unusually slow, for whatever reason, compared to when running it on Windows Mobile 5.0 on my Treo 700wx? I don't understand why it is slower, but it is.

So, I am trying out NewsBreak which is pretty good. Any good ones out there?
    I use spb insight, its pretty good.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'm also happy with SPB Insight; but, I wish it had automatic scheduled updates.
    RSS Hub is THE BESTTTTTTTTT !!! If you need, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    RSS Hub is THE BESTTTTTTTTT !!! If you need, PM me.
    RSS Hub is the paid-for OEM version of Illium Newsbreak (review). I know the line between ripping ROM material and flat out warez is a fine one, but this one teeters towards the latter I think

Having said that, I also use Newsbreak for RSS.

BTW, for others curious about this whole "RSS" thing, I wrote a tutorial awhile back as an intro: "How To: Learn Mobile RSS and Why It Matters"

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I use Egress. It plugs into the today screen and scrolls the headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    RSS Hub is the paid-for OEM version of Illium Newsbreak (review). I know the line between ripping ROM material and flat out warez is a fine one, but this one teeters towards the latter I think

BTW, for others curious about this whole "RSS" thing, I wrote a tutorial awhile back as an intro: "How To: Learn Mobile RSS and Why It Matters"
    Meooowww......grrrrrr
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have been using GoNews Touch by SBSH and really enjoy how you don't need a stylus at all for it. Give it a try. Its a newer app and they have a lot of new features they want to implement into it in the future. It can also download the whole article and not just the RSS feed info if you create a template for the site (they have some available in their forums).
    The main thing I like about spb insight is that it scrolls with the thumbnail pictures on the today screen. All the others i tried dont do that.
    I like pocketrss. Free with a nice today plugin.
    Also look at Viigo. Download | Viigo

It's free and a top rated feed reader.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Yomo Media has been working well for me these last few weeks. I like that you can manage your subscriptions both on the phone and via the web interface.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just found SpeedReader: emuneee.wordpress.com

Still in it's infancy, but looking very promising for a light-weight reader that syncs with google reader.
    I just use Google reader both on the PC as well as the mobile version. Been using it for years. I don't use 3rd party software for RSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

newsbreak works great. I also tried spb insight. has anyone tried mDigger Welcome!
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Newsgator for Windows Mobile ... it is a little quirky in how one has to go between the d-pad and touch screen. The main reason that I use it is because if you have a Newsgator account it syncs read/unread messages with your other computers PC/MAC ... so that you don't use too different RSS readers and read things twice.
    One more for Newsbreak.