Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I moved to the Pro from my old 800w (loving it), and I'm super excited to have a device with a 3.5 plug (had the wireless headphones on 800..only caused more issues).

With the 800w, I gave up trying to use it for music and ended up buying an Ipod. I've spend quite a bit of time setting up Itunes playlists and I'd love to be able to make use of them with my 16GB SD card. But how do I do that?

I've been searching, but not had much luck. The PRE has been selling this, but is that the only device that can do that. I thought I saw a PRE pre-release post (no pun intended) that mentioned that many devices/programs can do this. Was I wrong?

I tried Itunes Agent, but I can't get it configured correctly with either Vista or my phone (or something). I saw there was one music program that would do it, but it was the $40 version. I've already dropped $30 on pocket player, I'd rather not drop another $40 on a program for this one feature. Will pocket player do it? I can't find it if it can. Am I just out of luck?

I don't think syncing with WMP is the answer unless I can move Itunes playlists over to it (but they are different formats, correct?) I don't want to just re-create the playlists, I'd like to sync them as they update (I use smart playlists, and add new music all the time).

Thanks for any help on this.

K--
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I see you tried Itunes Agent. I am using that very same program with huge success in my own Treo Pro.

To make it work, you need to use software to make the phone a mass storage device and not a Smartphone. I use softick card export and when I enable the USB mode in the phone and connect it to my iTunes machine (running iTunes Agent) it gets properly detected and sync'ed.

The previous only works for music. I have yet to find a way to sync playlists. I have seen the best is just to regenerate them on the phone or use WMP as the sync'ing agent....
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Kinoma Play & Salling media work well together and Kinoma, imo, is one of the best media apps for WinMo.

downside is that the initial layout is about $50 for that experience

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    downside is that the initial layout is about $50 for that experience
    We hope that all of our customers find that to be money very well spent. Still...

Kinoma FreePlay's music player is very robust (no AAC or FLAC, but most everything else), and Salling Media Sync has a free editon as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I decided to try out the Salling Media, but can't get it to connect. I downloaded Softick Card Export and I can access my card through File Explorer, but Salling won't find it.

Any help.

I'm using Vista x64 if that helps.

I am also attempting to try Itunes Agent again (got it working correctly with Softick CE), but I would like to be able to use Playlists (or at least more than one). I wanted to see if Salling worked better, but I can't even get a connection between them.

Thanks.
    K--
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have actually found a free way to sync my iTunes playlists with my Treo Pro. It involves some work but its do-able. You'll need 3 programs.

1) iTunes
    2) Winamp 5.56 (latest version)
    3) Windows Media Player (I'm using the one with Vista)

1) Create whatever playlists you want in iTunes
    2) Run Winamp and open the Media Library
    3) Go to Library -> Import iTunes Playlist
    4) All your playlists should show up now in the library (when you update your playlists in iTunes, delete the ones in Winamp and import them again)
    5) Open the playlist window in Winamp and drag and drop the songs that are in your media library window to the playlist window (the songs in the Winamp Library window should be for your selected playlist)
    6) Save your playlist as a m3u file
    7) Open Windows Media Player and plug in your Treo
    8) Go to the sync tab and select storage device (this is your external memory card on your Treo) and drag and drop your m3u playlist into Windows Media Players right hand panel
    9) Hit sync on the lower right side to start the sync
    10) Play your music on your Treo

That should do it, its a bit involved but at least its free!
    Doubletwist is in beta right now, so all the caveats apply. I've been sucessful syncing itunes with my sansa and sony mp3 players. It was developed by DVD Jon who did a lot of work reverse engineering the codes that allowed us to copy DVDs.

OK, I guess I can't post links since this is my first post, but google doubletwist and you'll find it.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    OK, I got the Salling Media to work. Neat program. It connects just fine now, and I like it. I can get the actual playlist to show up and everything. I'm not using Kinoma player, though. I had already paid for Pocket Player, and it seems to be working just fine.

I also got Itunes Agent to work, but I don't know if I will keep it or go with Salling. It's nice having multiple choices now. :-)

I am also getting ready to try DoubleTwist. It looks pretty cool. I'll post again once I've tried it.

At least now we know there are several options available for those of us who use Itunes. :-)

K--
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Can anyone give me detailed instructions in how to get Kinoma Play and Salling Media Sync to work with my Treo Pro. I have been trying for a couple of days with no luck. I can't get Salling Media Sync to find my device.
    Another vote for double twist. Pretty decent program IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkranz View Post
    Can anyone give me detailed instructions in how to get Kinoma Play and Salling Media Sync to work with my Treo Pro. I have been trying for a couple of days with no luck. I can't get Salling Media Sync to find my device.
    The Salling Software folks have forums where you can get help.

Salling Software Forums :: Index

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The Salling Media Sync software doesn't say it supports the Treo Pro. I have searched their forum and didn't get any hits. I was hoping that someone that has both Kinoma Play and a Treo Pro could tell me how they got Salling Media Sync to recognize their phone.
    The Salling Media Sync software doesn't say it supports the Treo Pro.
    FWIW, the Treo Pro is my personal phone, and it works great.

I didn't have to do anything special to make it work with my PC.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I got it to work. I had to install the card export software to turn my phone into a card reader then Salling Media Sync recognized my phone as having kinoma and began the sync.
    I had to install the card export software to turn my phone into a card reader then Salling Media Sync recognized my phone as having kinoma and began the sync.
    Cool, glad to hear it!

-- Charles Wiltgen