Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I have two Treo 800w batteries that I would like to use as spares, once I get a Treo Pro. Would swapping a 1150 to a 1500 battery cause any freaky things to happen with a Treo Pro?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I have two Treo 800w batteries that I would like to use as spares, once I get a Treo Pro. Would swapping a 1150 to a 1500 battery cause any freaky things to happen with a Treo Pro?
    They are different batteries.
  3. #3  
    I have 3 800 batteries but as stated already they are not alike at all.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4. #4  
    I suppose that if you're ambitious, you might be able to modify the 800w battery to work. It's the same voltage. Just not sure about the middle contact...

    Even if you get it to work, battery life will probably be too poor to justify the wok...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!


    Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
  5.    #5  
    OK then! What's the best price/deal for 850w batteries?
  6. #6  
    eBay got an 1100ma battery and car charger for $20.00 OR sweet talk a Sprint retail rep and get one for free.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I have 3 800 batteries but as stated already they are not alike at all.
    I assume you're talking about the connectors and not the size or voltage, no?
  8.    #8  
    Seriously though...when they made the 800w vs., the Pro, didn't they design the battery to be backwards and forwards compatible?

    Yeah, I know, most likely money maker for Palm if they create a new battery from scratch...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Seriously though...when they made the 800w vs., the Pro, didn't they design the battery to be backwards and forwards compatible?

    Yeah, I know, most likely money maker for Palm if they create a new battery from scratch...
    No the 800w battery is completely a different animal. It won't fit in the Pro. The connectors are located differently and the physical size is different.

Posting Permissions