1.    #1  
    So i guess yahoo instant messenger will not work on the treo pro?
    Huh? Yahoo messenger comes installed on the treo pro along with aim and msn messenger.
  3.    #3  
    really i am sorry for sounding like and *****,lol but I don't see yahoo anywhere in the programs at all?
    Look in the programs for the instant messaging app, they are in there
  5.    #5  
    The only thing that is there is windows messenger,no yahoo at all
    Are you using a Sprint Treo Pro or GSM? Just play with the settings in there, it should be there.
  7.    #7  
    I am using a sprint treo pro and i just can't seem to find it,lol
    The program on the STP that supports Yahoo messging is called Instant Messaging...Also supports AIM and Windows Live. The other one is the Messenger (a little confusing I think).
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Its the program right after the Help program in the Programs menu. Seems like the first time I clicked on it, it either had to install or download something.
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    This software will never be updated.

I believe it update your contact from your hotmail. There is no way to control it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    chong-
    what are you talking about? I don't even have hotmail and it works great as is....
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I remember this program just sync your contact on your phone from Hotmail which add more things you dont need after Outlook.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Well, my STP came without any of that software, but I'm using Palringo to great effect. It does Y!, MSN, AOL, ICQ, Jabber, GTalk, and several others. It even supports vouce clips and pic xchange.

Give it a try!

Cheers

Carlos
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    drnoir (and all)
    I like Palringo mostly. But the file exhange part doesnt seem to work. I normally assume it is because it will only exchange with other Palringo users and not to someone using a native messaging client.
    For instance, if I use Palringo to access yahoo messenger, it can't file exchange unless the recipient is using Palringo to access yahoo messenger.
    Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just install Palringo and it look nice. It would be my 2nd distance of choice.

But it take alot of scrolling and it is hard to find someone that is chatting with you. I had 70 users online and I have to go thru all that scrolling maze to see who left me a message.

The layout is just not that great consider that our Pro has the small screen.

Have you look at Agile Messenger? That is my favorite IM to use and it is expensive. You can do a 2 week trial and see. The layout looks like Trillian.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i tried nimbuzz it has yahoo , hotmail and google plus a gaazillion others.... Nimbuzz - Free international mobile call chat messaging with skype, msn & yahoo messenger, Icq
    if you need to redownload it, it's www.sprint.com/monk (case sensitive)