Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    On my 800w, I loved being able to record my own ringers for people. I had my kids say the name of whomever the ringer was intended for ("Nana's on the phone", etc.). It was great.

When I went to "manage sounds", one of the "menu" options was "new sound", but the Treo pro doesn't have that. Am I missing something? I don't want to add sound to a text, or to a notepad note, I just want to record a sound on my phone so that I can use it as a ringer.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    K--
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Creating a wav file and dumping it in application data/sounds will make it usable as a notification.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    True. But can that be done ON the pro, or just on my actual computer. I was hoping for an easier/speedier way. But i'm guessing that's not posible. :-(
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just tested it, and using the notes program to record voice saves it as a wav on my storage card, that you could then just move with a file manager..? Not sure if there was another reason for avoiding the notes program?

edit: the notes program also gave me the option to save the recording as a ringtone
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Thanks. I will definitely give that try then. :-) I was just letting preconceptions from my 800w haunt my TPro experience. Off to the notes program I go.

K--
    using the "notes" function was how I did it on my Q9c, i had my daughter saying "hi daddy" for email...sweet...should work on this phone too if it has notes.