Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First off, let me apologize for opening a new thread while there already is one dealing with this subject. It's just that that one has grown so long that no one appears to read it.

I am beginning to suffer from missed calls and want to do the hack described by Zbop except the QPST 2.7 301 is no longer available for downloading. Also, I have never done anything like this, so I am not that confident in myself.

Would anyone like to help me in doing this? I am willing to pay for the help ($30 plus shipping cost reasonable?). I am in Ann Arbor, Michigan. If someone within driving distance has done this, please let me know. I don't mind shipping the phone to another location either.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    i can email you the qpst file...no need to ship ur phone
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much! Here is the email: fong0009@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    done
  5.    #5  
    Received the file terra. Thank you very much!

However, I wasn't able to go very far. I got stuck on step 4. I synced my STP to my PC, dialed ##3424#. The DMR v2.31 screen showed up. Within a second, the STP lost sync with Active Sync. In the mean time, the PC claimed it found new hardware and the new hardware wizard came up. Active Sync shows device not connected even if it physically is connected to the PC.

Further sync-ing with PC will not be successful until a soft reset is done. After sync-ing with the PC again I tried the ##3424# again, same result.

By the way, I have completed the "Tools Needed" section and had .NET CF 3.5 installed.

Any insights?

Thank you all in advance.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    i had a similar issue with activesync. i turned off the advanced usb connection, and it worked
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by terra View Post
    i had a similar issue with activesync. i turned off the advanced usb connection, and it worked
    Thank you terra. Did you mean you unchecked "enable advanced network functionality" on your STP's "USB to PC" connection setting?
  8.    #8  
    I unchecked "enable advanced network functionality" on my STP's "USB to PC" connection setting. No change. I entered ##3424#, DMR screen shows up, a few moments later, active sync connection was severed.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    Thank you terra. Did you mean you unchecked "enable advanced network functionality" on your STP's "USB to PC" connection setting?
    yes it worked fine after that...try different usb ports
  10.    #10  
    Still no luck. I unchecked the advanced USB option, tried a different USB port, still the same. Installed Active Sync on a different machine made by HP (rather than Dell), still the same. ##3424#, screen shows, a beep, Active Sync severed.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    have you been able to setup a sync?
  12.    #12  
    Yeah, the sync always works after a soft reset. Both the PC and the STP claim it was connected. Then once ##3424#, sync severs, and STP automatically exited the ##3424#.

After that, you have to do another soft reset, and you can sync again, only it won't last once the ##3424# is activated. Then of course, another soft reset is needed to sync again.

Same on both the Dell and HP desk top, both has XP. I tried to do it on a Lenovo laptop, unfortunately Active Sync cannot be installed on the laptop's Vista.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    hmmm...that is very strange...you can sync normally but no luck with adjustements

maybe zbop or some of the others can help out.

i followed the instructions step by step, with only one small difference, but everything worked out well
  14.    #14  
    Thank you terra for you help. My appreciations.
  15.    #15  
    zbop, Mal, Help!
  16.    #16  
    Something I would like to share with the forum. Palm seems to think that this is a different reason for missing calls:

Palm Support : Sprint Treo Pro Ringer Update (Windows Installer)
  17.    #17  
    An update. I followed through with Palm's update. It seems to work. I have strong signal inside my house, so I had to do a little metal can test. I put the phone inside a metal can and closed its metal lid. I tested the STP, a Samsung Rant, and a Moto Razr, all with Sprint. I think the signal inside the can was boardline, all three phones sometimes rang, other times din't. The STP felt on par with the other two in terms of the odds of ring/no ring.
    Last edited by cfong; 07/11/2009 at 12:04 AM.
    @Terra

I too am having an issue with this. Just got the STP, and although I like it, I will have to return it, should I not get this fixed.

I noticed in the thread, you were able to email the file needed to perform this hack to a fellow STP user. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to email me the file needed to perform this modification as well.

My email is hamandcheesewithaplease@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    Something I would like to share with the forum. Palm seems to think that this is a different reason for missing calls:
    To be clear, this is two different issues right? The hack that needs the file is when it doesnt even ring, beep or do anything, sending the call straight to voicemail, and the patch from palm is the ringer going silent? Right?
  20.    #20  
    I don't know if they are two different issues. The both address no ringers.

I have sent the file to you. But I would suggest go through Palm's fix first. It's relatively easy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast