Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hey everyone!

I've just had my Treo Pro for a couple weeks now, coming from the Touch Pro. I love this thing! The Touch Pro was great, but just too much time customizing and the battery life, even with all the tweaks, was horrible. I love being able to go all day without plugging in two or three times.

Anyway, I used Sprite Backup to get my contacts and calendar to the Treo Pro. That's all I restored to the device, not any system settings, etc. I'm also using Pocket Informant 8 for calendar and contacts. Problem is that when the caller ID shows up, it shows the number instead of the contact.

Anyone have experience with this? Should I try uninstalling, reinstalling PI 8? Any ideas? Thanks!
    Ok, so I uninstalled Pocket Informant 8, and still caller ID is showing the number only, not the name. Anyone have any experience with this or an idea? Anyone?....
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    u know - I noticed that for the first time today-- Number and Contact photo came up, but no name. I'll look more into it later, but ya..
    bump. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilen71 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I've just had my Treo Pro for a couple weeks now, coming from the Touch Pro. I love this thing! The Touch Pro was great, but just too much time customizing and the battery life, even with all the tweaks, was horrible. I love being able to go all day without plugging in two or three times.

Anyway, I used Sprite Backup to get my contacts and calendar to the Treo Pro. That's all I restored to the device, not any system settings, etc. I'm also using Pocket Informant 8 for calendar and contacts. Problem is that when the caller ID shows up, it shows the number instead of the contact.

Anyone have experience with this? Should I try uninstalling, reinstalling PI 8? Any ideas? Thanks!
    I've just tried it on my Pro and I get the caller name and number up on the screen though the number is pretty small type face for these tired old eyes but with my glasses on it's a bit better.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    This is very strange, in my case sometimes when I'm dialing a no. the fonts expand to extra large and I can't even see who's calling me. I only get like 3 calls a day anyway!
    It happened to me more than once.
    Here is the solution. I hope it applies to your case:
    - Install a free application called: "Advanced Configuration Tool"
    - go to 'Phone' and disable 'Phone Skin'
    - After the phone resets itself, go again and re-enable it

I hope your case is similar to mine.
    Let me know the result
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Here's an update:

The "Advanced Configuration Tool" fix did not work, but here's what has worked so far (I've only tried it with a few contacts).

Open the contact list, find a contact, hit menu, then edit, erase the name, then type it in again and save. That seems to have worked for the few contacts that I've tried it with so far.

Tomorrow I'll try doing all my contacts this way and post if it doesn't work. It's a hassle, but much better than entering all my contacts and all their information over again!