Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Is there any more news on any upcoming Palm WM device?
    I suspect you'll never hear news about any new Palm WM device again, but that's just my opinion.

Next month will be a year since the GSM Treo Pro's release. I think if Palm had some new WM device coming we'd have rumors by now about something.

I think Palm is banking on their own OS now.

The guy who cut the WM deal is no longer Palm's CEO and the guy who was all about the Pre is now in that position. I think anything Ed Colligan said no longer means anything and I don't hear Jon Rubinstein talking WM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I see. So Palm is banking on the WebOS taking off?

I remember they had the Treo 700w for years and that was it.

I think if I am the CEO I would come out with a new product every 8 months. Keep everything rotated and fresh. But it has to be a WM device. I dont really care for other OS.
    Last edited by chong67; 07/16/2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just saw the video of the Touch Pro 2 and now it has a 3.5mm jack.

I wonder if Palm had left the WM market.

Heres the link: http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/17/h...npage_engadget
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I'm not bored with the Pro but I was seduced by the Pre
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I am not bored with my GTP and it is still the perfect device for me.

However I have had an itch to try the BB 8900 for a couple weeks. I went to AT&T and spent a good hour trying one out yesterday, other than the screen resolution the Treo is the hands down winner for me.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm loving the STP right now. This is easily the best experience I've had on WM so far.

Ultimatelaunch + pocketbreeze + kinoma play with a forward facing keyboard will be holding me over for a long while. A shoutout for realvga as well which also saved the device. My only real complaint left w/ this phone is the text msg 'mark as read' system, which is too bad b/c it's such a silly bug.
    Due to the lack of native business applications, the WM platform is still the best for me. Even though I do have DTG for Palm - being able to have only 1 Classic card at a time kills the idea of multitasking with productivity in mind.
    Not bored at all...
    My combination of UL, weatherpanel, phonealarm and today's agenda have me very satisfied with this phone.
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    What I've been pretty annoyed with the Treo Pro this summer is the glossy finish. Its 95+ degrees and with sweaty hands I've been having a hard time handling the device. Pulling it out of the holster requires more thinking of the worst then normal. I've switched back to the Treo 800 after 3 months with the Pro consecutively. First thing back to the 800 is the keyboard is so friggin good but that's about all its positive features. I may pick up a HTC Snap just for a change of Palm brand scenery.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    What I've been pretty annoyed with the Treo Pro this summer is the glossy finish. Its 95+ degrees and with sweaty hands I've been having a hard time handling the device. Pulling it out of the holster requires more thinking of the worst then normal.
    just picked up a seidio innocase II from amazon to take care of that. the other day i had the pro sitting under my emergency brake, and in stopping for a red light it slid all the way into the compartment under my stereo. somewhere in those 0.5 seconds i caved for a rubberized grip.
    The PRO is as perfect for me as ever.
    yeah that seido case is good stuff, easy to get phone out when call comes in. and the rubberized grip feels great. also is u buy it at a sprint store if u break it within a year they will replace it.

now if i can find a new one that wll fit a big extended battery i would be set
    It isn't just boredom. I've really come to embrace touch screen and finger-friendly usability and the Treo's small screen hinders that. I'm ready to try giving up a dedicated KB for more screen real estate and bigger icons.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    I'm ready to try giving up a dedicated KB for more screen real estate and bigger icons.
    good luck w/ that transition!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234