Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Are you bored with your Treo Pro?

I look at the Touch Pro 2 video and I think I may go for it about 1 month later after it comes out.

It is not much of a excitment with the Pro. No cook ROMs and other hack activities.

But Treo Pro had taught me to get use to the fingerprint magnet.

I never like the plastic keypad.
    I have a treo pro and a 680, and to be honest of the two I prefer the 680. Even when boring, the 680 is just simpler to use and I've found more stable (except with storage card use). Mind you, today I'm receiving my Iphone 3GS (ordered a week ago)...yes, I finally made the switch!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Would you be excited if Palm turn the Pre into a WM OS? Do you like that form factor?

I think the Pro is quite a mature product already after 1 month of tweak. The stinky here got all the essential things you need. If you want stability,this is it.

I like the joy of being able to activesync it and it work 99% of the time. But not with the 800w.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Would you be excited if Palm turn the Pre into a WM OS? Do you like that form factor?

I think the Pro is quite a mature product already after 1 month of tweak. The stinky here got all the essential things you need. If you want stability,this is it.

I like the joy of being able to activesync it and it work 99% of the time. But not with the 800w.
    Not at all...I'm pretty much done with WM on any smartphone, and fed up with Microsoft Windows in general. In fact, I might actually get a MAC to replace my aging HP Pavilion desktop with Windows OS.

And the Palm Pre is cute and nice form factor, but let's face it - - it's no iphone.
    ^ i am with him. im pretty done with microsft windows on cpu or phone. its not as stable as mac OS. i was able to dual boot tiger and winxp on my dell and i use tiger more than windows.

i use to hate apple products but the more i use it, the more im into it.

i can honestly say no phone came close to iphone. its the most simpliest UI to use, response is way better than WM. thats just my opinion. i will be doing the switch in sept when my sero plan is up. yup..im giving up the sero for att.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    HTC did well with the flow thing. I think MSFT should thank them for doing that if you like into flipping things on your screen.

WM is not that bad. Yes, the alarm was silly and not robust. The SMS is behaving. I dont know if this is Palm or MSFT fault.

I am not into Apple/Mac unless MSFT burn down.

I have Ubuntu and use UNIX/Linux not by choice, but they use it at the business.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I've got over 8GB in just music files on my 16GB card. Never mind video files and so on... They don't make a large enough card for me to do it yet, but I don't see anything wrong with having my entire music collection at my fingertips via my smart phone using MicroSD. I don't want to have to go OTA to my home machine to access my music either.
    With the Pre, you couldn't even if you wanted to

The Pre can't [download OTA music files]? I though it even worked with ITunes (for the moment at least).
    It syncs with iTunes. If you want podcasts, you have to download them on your desktop iTunes and sync, or without iTunes and use drag-and-drop mass storage (my preferred method). I'm pretty sure there are now instructions on a dev wiki on how to root the Pre and hack OTA download capability into the phone, but casual users will have to hope for firmware update (the one thing that is OTA).

Huh? Please tell us who don't use the Pre more about that.
    The Pre's copy-and-paste is limited to editable fields. So you can cut and copy text that you're writing, but the things that most users would want to copy -- text on web pages, incoming emails and SMS -- can't be done at this time. To me, that's not copy-and-paste in any meaningful sense. It now falls behind the current iPhone software.

Are you serious? Does it not even have a means via paying Sprint to do it?
    Sprint doesn't offer PAM for the Pre, and the device doesn't list DUN as a supported profile. According to one recent TC post I've read, Sprint has already stopped offering new PAM plans for any phone; they're only honoring the ones for current subscribers.

There are grey hat instructions online for rooting the Pre and adding in DUN if you have the MSL, but for the vast majority of users, tethering's not an option.

But the word was that having something Linux based would open a door to a never ending flood of developer innovations...
    I'm sure that hardcore users and developers will be able to pop under the hood and hot rod the Pre, perhaps beyond what's possible with WM. But right now the Pre is too sandboxed for a dork like me, and I wasn't willing to wait Palm to get around to opening up the platform.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Dont forget WebOS is a relative new OS. Give it a few months.

I just hope I can get Touch Pro 2 with my SERO. Otherwise, I will just continue to use my Treo Pro.
    No.

I prefer the Treo Form factor.

I'm more interested in the EOS.
    Just call me Berd.
    Dont forget WebOS is a relative new OS. Give it a few months.
    I expect some of the problems to be fixed in time. Others, I'm not so sure, since they seem to spring from cultural changes at Palm, IMO.

For instance, I wouldn't hold out for an expansion slot. Omitting it streamlines the engineering and keeps margins higher. And since the iPhone has trained consumers not to insist on a card slot, there's not much reason for Ruby to make the sacrifices necessary to include it.

I also don't expect WebOS to ever recover the extensive functionality of Palm OS' PIM apps, particularly Tasks and Memos with support for categories. Worse, Palm has killed local sync by fiat, and I don't think any number of vocal objections at this point would force them to relent.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I suspect now that WebOS is out the TP will never see an update. Just like the 800w never saw an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I suspect now that WebOS is out the TP will never see an update. Just like the 800w never saw an update.
    That is a fair remark...

Would be nice to see HTC release something similar to the treo (front keyboard, touch screen, wifi, etc...)... or even motorola... or samsung... heck, anyone. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    It is funny that Palm is a USA company and they could not be innovative like iphone.

They need HTC help to design the Treo Pro.

Whats the turnover rate for a new phone? 8 months? Look at the Canon SD* camera. They come out with new digi cam every 6 mths.

I love it at this rate.
    Am I bored with my TP?

Not even a little. I've had mine since February this year and have always managed to find ways to amuse myself with the TP.

Last week I installed SPB Mobile Shell 3 and forked out the money for it today after I suddenly found myself using more of the features and programs the TP came with.

I never thought I'd use GPS on a phone, but this has become invaluable to me over the last couple of months. I use WiFi in my home. My data plan with Telstra is dodgy, although I do use my data plan often I would never consider automatically checking for emails or updating programs via it.

The Telstra ROM on the TP is completely dodgy and has some serious flaws. I have to switch between data connections to use foxtel and MSN. MSN cannot connect under the pre-installed Telstra data connection, you have to make a new one.

I'm still finding that I love the look and feel of the TP and although I liked my Treo 750, I love my Treo pro. I thought I'd always miss the Palm OS, but I admit that I think I'd miss WM now.

If I ever feel like I'm going to lose interest in my phone I generally go looking for software or accessories that will keep my interest. I don't really want to upgrade to the Pre or go with a product that isn't Palm.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    In my case, just got a Pro a month ago for 175 to replace my 3yr old 700wx and as a stop-gap device to get the TP2 when it launches. If I ever don't like TP2, I still have the Treo Pro I figure.
    well the thing with the touch pro 2 its hardware is the same as the touch pro wit abigger battery and u can get win 6.5 for touch pro anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    well the thing with the touch pro 2 its hardware is the same as the touch pro wit abigger battery and u can get win 6.5 for touch pro anyway
    You should delete your post... the hardware is not even close to the same*.... Sorry.

*(Much bigger phone... and the bigger battery does not seem to equal better battery life than the Touch Pro... go figure.)
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    i read it engaget awhile cool guy
    ill digg up the link later
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    This is what happens with treos in general- they get boring so you jump ship. Honeymoon with new phone is great- then after a few weeks the new phone gets old- you realize the same tasks take longer to do and while the new phone might be cooler it is not as efficient and well thought out.

Then you go back to treo with a new appreciation.

That is me anyway...Done it several times. Will do it again.
    EXACTLY! I bought a 750 (years ago), sold it 6 months later. Three weeks after that I missed it so bad, I bought another. Sold it a few months later. Then came the Pro, bought it, loved it and sold it 6 months later. Now it's two months later and I just placed an order for another!! I'm an *****. I should have kept the 750 until the Pro and kept the Pro until something better is actually available. I promise to keep this Pro until I'm SURE I'm satisified with another device. I also have a Diamond 2 and absolutely love it. But I think having two devices (one keyboard and one touch screen only) is the best solution for me. I'll use the Pro during the week and the D2 on the weekends.
    It gets kind of boring but as another poster said, just start testing out software to mix it up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    You should delete your post... the hardware is not even close to the same*.... Sorry.

*(Much bigger phone... and the bigger battery does not seem to equal better battery life than the Touch Pro... go figure.)
    Acutally, he's pretty correct. The guts of the Touch Pro 2 are very similar to the original Touch Pro.

TP2 is more a refinement of TP than a huge upgrade. The screen is higher rez and larger, but other than that they are basically the same phone. TP2 just has the better speakerphone and no d-pad.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast