1.    #1  
    I connect my STP onto 4 email accounts. One of them is a Lotus notes server (POP3). The problem is that after I read the email and delete it, it'd come back as new/unread the next time the STP synced with the server. When I log onto the email account on desktop PC, I found all the emails that I read and deleted from STP were still there, marked as unread.

The other 3 accounts, a gmail, a yahoo mail, and an account on exchange server don't have this problem.

Any inputs?

Thank you!

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sounds as much as a mystery meat at the restaurant to me!
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    I connect my STP onto 4 email accounts. One of them is a Lotus notes server (POP3). The problem is that after I read the email and delete it, it'd come back as new/unread the next time the STP synced with the server. When I log onto the email account on desktop PC, I found all the emails that I read and deleted from STP were still there, marked as unread.

The other 3 accounts, a gmail, a yahoo mail, and an account on exchange server don't have this problem.

Any inputs?

Thank you!

The problem, here, is that you're leaving the message on the server. With POP3, you have the option of leaving a copy of the message on the server. There's an account setting under Advanced Options titled "When deleting messages" that must be set to "Delete them off the server" to actually delete the messages from the server.

Hope this helps.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the tip gksmithlcw.

I check the setting. It already has "delete them off the server" selected...
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    Thank you for the tip gksmithlcw.

I check the setting. It already has "delete them off the server" selected...
    I was afraid that might be the case. The only other thing I can think that it might be is something server-side. You may want to talk to your IT department and see what they know.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.