Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I don't know whether this problem is specific to my phone or is really a problem with Sprint's network.

I travel by airplane frequently. Whenever I land and turn my phone's radio back on, the phone itself works fine but the internet connection (email, web browsing, etc) does not. Specifically, these applications will have trouble establishing a connection. For example, my email will sit in "connecting" mode until I finally get frustrated and soft reset the 800w. A soft reset will usually fix the problem (sometimes it takes two soft resets). Turning the radio off and then back on will NOT fix the problem.

When this happens, I usually have plenty of bars, so signal strength is not a problem. I also notice that the bars seem to rapidly "flicker" when this is happening.

One person suggested that I try to place a call before using the internet, to help Sprint establish my new location. This sometimes - but not always - works.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Could it be there is not 3G signal where you are? I have had this happen at Airports where I have phone signal but NOT internet except fot 1x
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks ... but there is 3G, the phone always shows "EV" when this is happening (I don't even attempt it if the signal is "1x").
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    My old 800w did this all of the time, and I don't even travel much. I attributed to a WinMo problem, but my replacement Pro has yet to do it. It must be an 800w bug.
    Try firing up IE. I have a problem sometimes where an app will keep trying to get a connection but can't. IE always seems to be able to get a 3G connection and then the other app works without problem.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Try firing up IE. I have a problem sometimes where an app will keep trying to get a connection but can't. IE always seems to be able to get a 3G connection and then the other app works without problem.
    Thanks, I will try that. I have tried firing up Opera Mobile, and that doesn't do the trick.