1.    #1  
    bought a 700wx on ubid.com. it was in a brand new box. Sprint tells me my ESN is invalid, and contains too little numbers to be valid. Verizon tried to activate my phone too, but they tell me their computers wouldn't accept my ESN as well, they tried along with my ESN Hex number, still wouldn't take it. i'm wondering whats going on. i'm unsure what value this unlocked 700wx is. my ESN DEC is 11 characters, and "Anatel" is printed on the inside of my 700wx. i suspect that is a Brazilian cell phone company. i did a quick google search of anatel and it referenced Brazil. :/ i think i just answered my own question.

anything i can do with a 11 character "invalid status" ESN from Brazil that is unlocked ? its a fully functional phone ?
    If you can't get it activated you can buy a sd wifi card and use it as a wifi phone over the Skype network. That's how I use mine sometimes along with a prepaid plan.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdisco View Post
    If you can't get it activated you can buy a sd wifi card and use it as a wifi phone over the Skype network. That's how I use mine sometimes along with a prepaid plan.
    ok. so i pick me up a SD wifi card. then then how would i use it as a wifi phone over the Skype network ? do you mean prepaid plan on the Skype network ?

so basically, it would have no browsing capabilities, and would just be the phone ? what would the SD wifi card be used for ?

i'm just a little unclear.

thanks so much for telling me its not useless though.
  4.    #4  
    could you also tell me how i'd configure it to do this ?
    Emdisco is correct, a SD wifi card would give you internet access and VOIP, like Skype when connected. The problem is, you'll have a real hard time finding a SD wifi card to buy. Maybe you'll find one on EBay, but that's about it.

It's a CDMA phone correct? There's no SIM slot correct?

You say it's an unlocked phone, but CDMA phones really don't come unlocked. They are locked to each carrier in the US. There are some places on the internet that will flash the ROM to Verizon or Sprint, but that doesn't mean Verizon or Sprint will automatically accept it.

I think you should send the phone back.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

6.    #6  
    I'm not sure we still have the receipt. i'll ask my dad. in the event we don't have the receipt, is there some use we can put it to ? my parents, do use skype. its my dads phone.

and yes its a cdma no sim card phone.

if we were to get VOIP on that phone, would we have to pay for that VOIP ?

my parents have some skype contacts they speak with all the time. they are users on the skype network. i'm thinking my dad might not be able to come up with the receipt, but i'll try. and its getting close to a month since we bought it.

i'll see what i can do
    Quote Originally Posted by newcell View Post
    I'm not sure we still have the receipt. i'll ask my dad. in the event we don't have the receipt, is there some use we can put it to ? my parents, do use skype. its my dads phone.

and yes its a cdma no sim card phone.

if we were to get VOIP on that phone, would we have to pay for that VOIP ?

my parents have some skype contacts they speak with all the time. they are users on the skype network. i'm thinking my dad might not be able to come up with the receipt, but i'll try. and its getting close to a month since we bought it.

i'll see what i can do
    Like I said, if you can find a SD wifi card (which will be hard to find) You'll be able to connect to WiFi and use the internet and Voice Over IP programs.

Your parents Skype account should work
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

8.    #8  
    where do i get the skype app for treo 700wx ? also what size SD wifi card would be good for turning it into a full use non-activated wifi voip/internet use phone.

how easy is it to connect to the internet with the SD wifi card ? i'm not sure how to configure that phone for internet with wifi, much less with that card. can anyone clue me in ? i should be able to setup the skype application, and other applications i just dont know here to get them