1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have a STP. I trying to remote desktop to my business cameras using the remote desktop on the WM device. I have configured my network with static IP. I entered the ip address follow by the port number. EX: 70.105.237.75:86 then I entered the username and password but I get the following error messages: By the way it stays there for a minute or so it comes back with these error messages;
    Cannot connect: Likely reasons are:
    1. The remote computer is not set up for this
    2. Reached the maximum number of connections
    3. A network error occurred while connecting.

Please help!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You mean you want to remote desktop to your PC and see your webcam from there?

First, can you access the remote desktop using a PC or laptop? Do that first. Then it should work on your Treo Pro.

Second, I use a software called WebcamXP. It in got a .cab file that you can install on your Pro. Then you can remote in and see your webcam. I got my webcam that is supported by this software that can pan and tilt. Yes, you can specified ports.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    I want to remote desktop to the webcam server that was given to me by the company who set up my security cameras. I can you use my computer and my laptop without any issues.
    I assume you have opened the ports necessary on the router to be able to remote in from the outside?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah, if you can get in using your laptop or PC from OUTSIDE, then you can get in using your PDA phone.

On your computer you want to get in, you tell it to use any Windows like XP?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by llaugerm View Post
    Hi All,

I have a STP. I trying to remote desktop to my business cameras using the remote desktop on the WM device. I have configured my network with static IP. I entered the ip address follow by the port number. EX: 70.105.237.75:86 then I entered the username and password but I get the following error messages: By the way it stays there for a minute or so it comes back with these error messages;
    Cannot connect: Likely reasons are:
    1. The remote computer is not set up for this
    2. Reached the maximum number of connections
    3. A network error occurred while connecting.

Please help!
    OK.... What OS is your camera server running? If it is Windows you should be able to use the standard WM Remote Desktop app. You should NOT need to include the port number (assuming you're using standard ports) in your IP address. If you're not using standard ports, try using standard ports long enough to test because I'm not sure that WM RD supports ports in the IP addy.

If it is an OS other then Windows, what protocol or software are you using to connect on your other computers?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.