Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is your battery draining like crazy? Starting today my weather panel has been trying to update very often and it's causing my battery to get drained. Anybody have this issue and know the fix?
    just turn off auto update or set update to every 6 hours.
    Every 4 hours. My battery is great.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah but I had these setting for several months and didn't have an issue. Thought it was something wrong with weather panel itself, but apparently that's not the case? Y'alls weatherpanels working?
    Weatherpanel is broken as of late morning- this is causing your issue. Xcast weather in ta is broken too.

Something changed on the weather.com script.

See treo alert sticky. Hannip I am sure will fix xcast and this will giv e wp users an idea of what is needed.
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    Is your battery draining like crazy? Starting today my weather panel has been trying to update very often and it's causing my battery to get drained. Anybody have this issue and know the fix?
    I am glad you posted this. Yes my battery has been draining like crazy today & I have been trying to figure out why. Now that you mention it I see WP last updated at 5:41 am & has been continuously trying to connect. The auto update is set for 2 hours. I just turned off the auto update, I hope we find a solution quickly, I really like WP & have been using for 2 years.

PS: I am very relieved that there is nothing wrong with my Treo.
    Last edited by charlyee; 07/07/2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    That's funny- when my battery drained by noon today, I though I had left my XM app running with the sound off-
    Never occured to me it was weather panel draining the juice-

Mark
    Has anyone been able to get an update since this morning?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So thats why I woke up to a dead battery this afternoon, then i couldnt even get my phone to charge. When I plugged it in it would stay at 0% until i read this post and turned off auto update, then it charged.
    I'm on the 800 and this happened to me. Had to take it out of the UL rotation. Hope it gets fixed.

Edit: read other threads on ppc, WP may be dead. Not cool.
    Last edited by AS329; 07/07/2009 at 11:04 PM.
    Thanks for the info. I noticed the problem and tracked it down rather quickly, though not before having my battery drain down to nearly nothing... LOL

I'm hoping to start a project to write a new app to take the place of WeatherPanel. We shall see.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I thought I would have to get a new battery. Good catch.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  13. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Anyone have recommendations on what to use instead of WP for the time being?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Good Look... I thought my T-pro was heading for the Treo graveyard. Mine did the same yesterday and also overnight I literally sat and watched the battery go from 90% charge to 9% in about 1 hour..
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Yeah I am glad I saw this post. I noticed yesterday my battery was dead just after lunch when usually I can go until 8 or 9pm. I had weatherpanel set to update every hour. I usually leave my phone on the charger all night from about 11pm to 7am but this morning when I first got up I noticed it only got to about 92%. So I stuck it back on the charger while I did my morning routine. When I went to leave for work I had to soft reset after I took it off the charger as it still had the LED lit like it was charging and it was unresponsive. I unchecked the autoupdate box on weatherpanel. will this keep it from killing the battery or do I need to do something else? I know the original developer fell off the face of the earth is this going to be fixed or are we stuck going to something else?

Craig
    isnt there a WP thread over at XDA. I may need to look for it..
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1kwik72 View Post
    Yeah I am glad I saw this post. I noticed yesterday my battery was dead just after lunch when usually I can go until 8 or 9pm. I had weatherpanel set to update every hour. I usually leave my phone on the charger all night from about 11pm to 7am but this morning when I first got up I noticed it only got to about 92%. So I stuck it back on the charger while I did my morning routine. When I went to leave for work I had to soft reset after I took it off the charger as it still had the LED lit like it was charging and it was unresponsive. I unchecked the autoupdate box on weatherpanel. will this keep it from killing the battery or do I need to do something else? I know the original developer fell off the face of the earth is this going to be fixed or are we stuck going to something else?

Craig
    just unchecking autoupdate didn't work for me- I had to uncheck "establish connection" as well- now the battery's fine.

Mark
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    using pocket forecast...it intergrates with s2u2 nicely...wp & xcast...hmmm
    Seems the folks over at ppcgeeks are working on a fix: forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7357&page=63 (lack of 10 posts. )
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Anyone have recommendations on what to use instead of WP for the time being?
    PocketWeather:

SBSH Mobile Software Forums -> PocketWeather
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast