Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a solution to having the Treo 800w work with windows 7?
  2. #2  
    Go to your USB connection settings and make sure that the Enable advanced network functionality box is UNchecked, then see if it works.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by (-Superman-) View Post
    Has anyone found a solution to having the Treo 800w work with windows 7?
    Not only did it work on the first connection to my laptop, but it (W7) was also able to install the drivers for it to connect to the internet using internet connection sharing on the Treo (I think W7 called it a "remote adapter"). What build of W7 are you using?

    And, btw, I have Enable advanced network functionality checked.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  4. #4  
    I just installed a new build of W7 on my laptop, so I had a chance to try it all over again from scratch (i.e., having NOT had ANY WM device connected since the NEW install).

    It didn't work immediately, so I had to configure WMDC's Mobile Device Settings | Connection settings. Under Connection settings, make sure that Allow data connections on device when connected to PC is CHECKED. That fixed it for me.

    Good luck,
    SportyRydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  5. #5  
    I have still not figured out how to get this connected via ActiveSync / Internet Sharing in Windows7....

    Treo800w was recognized ASAP on Vista....

    Any help is appreciated.
    -M

    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    I just installed a new build of W7 on my laptop, so I had a chance to try it all over again from scratch (i.e., having NOT had ANY WM device connected since the NEW install).

    It didn't work immediately, so I had to configure WMDC's Mobile Device Settings | Connection settings. Under Connection settings, make sure that Allow data connections on device when connected to PC is CHECKED. That fixed it for me.

    Good luck,
    SportyRydr
  6. #6  
    I had no problem getting it to work.
    Are you trying with usb or bluetooth
  7.    #7  
    I found that if you go into the USB connections section of the phone, and uncheck and then recheck the "enable advanced network functionality" that it causes win 7 to search for a new device.

Posting Permissions