I can't believe no one else has had this problem. I have had 2 phones in an attempt to fix this. Both phones turned themseves off arbitrarily mid call...this happens on calls I have made, calls I have received. It has happened in the midwest, east coast, south and west coast. I have no secondary software except epocrates. I have found no pattern or logic in these shutdowns. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Is this an unlocked GSM Treo Pro? Which GSM Carrier are you using?

or

Is this a Sprint CDMA Treo Pro?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

This is an unlocked device that I am using with t-mobile.
    My wife and I both have our Treo Pro's on T-Mobile and neither of us have dropped a call.

Is your T-mobile account for both voice and data?

There's a bluetooth patch for when you receive a second call. Are you using a bluetooth device when this happens?

Try another sims card?

Try it without your medical software?

I am pretty stumped, since it's your 2nd phone and you say it happens all across the country.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by mwmd View Post
    I have had 2 phones in an attempt to fix this. Both phones turned themseves off arbitrarily mid call...this happens on calls I have made, calls I have received.
    Does it shut down completely, reboot or just turn off the radio?
    Thanks for the thoughts. It is the cellular radio that turns off and I am not using a blue tooth device. I have not deleted my epocrates software b/c it is paid for and it is the main reason I got a smartphone! I had several long conversations with palm and they were completely unhelpful.

Also I have a voice, text message and data plan.
    Last edited by mwmd; 07/09/2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: forgot info
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hello,

HAve you found a solution to this?

My friend's phone is doing this as well, rebooting in the middle of phone calls. We are stuck for a solution. Doesn't have any 3rd party software installed besides a GPS software (iGo 8). This is an unlocked Palm Treo Pro on a GSM network.

Let me know if you managed to find a solution.

Loukas
    This is an unlikely scenario. But do you have your screen locked when you are on a phone call? Could you face rubbed the souch screen and shut down the call?
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmd View Post
    I have not deleted my epocrates software b/c it is paid for and it is the main reason I got a smartphone!
    FWIW, I have the free version of epocrates on my GSM Treo Pro with no problems.
    Gary
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    This is an unlikely scenario. But do you have your screen locked when you are on a phone call? Could you face rubbed the souch screen and shut down the call?
    It's not just the call that is shut down, the whole phone restarts.

This is a random event, it happens maybe 1 in every 10 calls. That's what is so mysterious...
    I am having the same issue. My phone is a Sprint CDMA version. I am on my 3rd replacement phone (this one brand new). I do not have any 3rd party software, nor bluetooth installed. It happens just as Loukas indicated.

Sprint blames Palm and Palm blames Sprint. I am stuck with a phone that shuts off mid-sentence while talking with clients.

Anyone found any fixes for this? I would be greatly appreciative of any suggestions.
    I had this problem with my phone. I contacted the wireless service provider and they just said it was a faulty phone and replaced it under the manufacturing warrenty. It was a pain in the **** because it would just do a soft reset whenever it felt like.