1.    #1  
    I just canceled my insurance.
    I was probably the last one here with Sprint insurance on an 800w.
    $7 a month and $100 deductible to get a refurbished 800w doesnt seem like a great deal.
    I can buy one on Ebay if I need a replacement.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I still have insurance!
    I really ought to cancel insurance on mine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    $7 a month and $100 deductible to get a refurbished 800w doesnt seem like a great deal.
    I can buy one on Ebay if I need a replacement.
    Very smart move. No sense in paying more in insurance, when you can get the same thing new for less.

There's a New In Box 800w on sale on Ebay right now by a seller with over 24,000 sales and a 99.3% Positive seller rating, asking a Buy It Now price of $159.95. (Plus $15.95 shipping for a total of $175.90) A year of the $7/month plus $100 deductible is a total of $184. (If you look at the completed Ebay 800w sales, you see that you can probably get an even better deal than the one I linked.)

There's even a Buy It Now for a Treo Pro by another decent looking seller, that is $209.99, Free Shiping. Heck, if the 800w breaks, do one better than the insurance and move up to a Pro for just a little more.
    i didnt get insurance when i bought it. smart move i think. im under contract for 2 years...totally not worth 7/month. sprint is walkin away scott freeeeeee with ur mulah.
    if mine breaks im def upgrading to the pro with one from ebay.
    guys the insurance is broken down into two parts 4 dollars and 3 dollars one is the 100 dollar deductible and the other is the equipment replacement that part covers anything that goes wrong with the phone that is not your fault ie the speaker or the buttons not working and they give you another phone for free i have used this about 15 times to get a replacement and not have to pay the deductible
    Quote Originally Posted by ta2edredneck View Post
    guys the insurance is broken down into two parts 4 dollars and 3 dollars one is the 100 dollar deductible and the other is the equipment replacement that part covers anything that goes wrong with the phone that is not your fault ie the speaker or the buttons not working and they give you another phone for free i have used this about 15 times to get a replacement and not have to pay the deductible
    Yea we know how the insurance and equipment repair fees work. I won't bother displaying the full numbers to demonstrate, but even the repair plan for $4/month is not worth it.

Anybody can get a free replacement for something that was not their fault, such as a speaker or button not working, if it occurs in the first year of ownership. It's called warranty replacement and you don't have to pay a dime montly for that.