1.    #1  
    My Pro would freeze once in a while (couple of days), some times in the middle of web surfing, other times just unpredictable. Knowing it runs on a Windows OS, I can accept that as a fact of life.

However, I don't want to remove the battery so often, fearing if I keep dislodging the battery cover, eventually it'll be too easy to come off.

Is there a hole I can poke or a key combination I can use that is equivalent to pulling the batt?

Thanks.
    Nope. However, is it actually freezing? There is that occasion when just setting the phone down and retrying it again a minute or so later and it works. This is especially common in areas where signal strength/memory is low.
    If the OS is really freezing, then it wouldn't respond to a key combination. Unfortunately, the battery covers with reset holes in them that Seidio used to make for the 650/700wx models were never manufactured for their successors. The Treo Pro's reset hole is too close to the silo opening anyway, so even if Seidio wanted to make one for a cover, it would probably crack under pressure.

You can install PHM's reset.cab and use it to soft reset without using the reset pin if your Treo's not completely frozen. Otherwise you'll either have to get used to sliding up the cover a quarter-inch and pushing the reset button with the cover in place, or using an unraveled paper clip with the very tip bent at a right angle (then you would have to slide up the battery cover at all).
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I am able to reach the reset button with the stylus even with the cover and an Innocase on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfong View Post
    Is there a hole I can poke or a key combination I can use that is equivalent to pulling the batt?
    The reset hole is placed so that if you angle your stylus 45 degrees from rear, side & bottom, the tip should be right in the reset hole in the stylus silo. Feel with the tip. When you feel the indentation & the stylus seems to be angled right, you should have it. Press with the stylus & let go, then wait a second or two for the telltale reset vibration. It takes a little practice to get used to. But once you've got it, it's a piece of cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    The reset hole is placed so that if you angle your stylus 45 degrees from rear, side & bottom, the tip should be right in the reset hole in the stylus silo. Feel with the tip. When you feel the indentation & the stylus seems to be angled right, you should have it. Press with the stylus & let go, then wait a second or two for the telltale reset vibration. It takes a little practice to get used to. But once you've got it, it's a piece of cake.
    I've read this tip before, but after a couple of unsuccessful tries I gave up. But after reading your post, I decided to try it again. It took a couple of minutes to get the stylus tip settled in the right spot, but it worked. I don't know if I'd say the next couple of tries afterward were a "piece of cake," but they did go faster. This is definitely the way to go.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you kraski! I was able to do the trick on the first try. No more struggling with the battery cover. Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I've read this tip before, but after a couple of unsuccessful tries I gave up. But after reading your post, I decided to try it again. It took a couple of minutes to get the stylus tip settled in the right spot, but it worked. I don't know if I'd say the next couple of tries afterward were a "piece of cake," but they did go faster. This is definitely the way to go.
    The more you do it, the easier it becomes. If you're like me & install stuff that just doesn't behave right, you'll get the necessary practice. And, yes, I sometimes miss the right spot, too.
    Just be careful how you hold the stylus. Try to hold it with your fingertips and not rest the top part on your hand between your thumb and forefinger. I broke the top of my stylus off doing that and had to order a replacement.