1.    #1  
    Coming from a 700wx. Just got the treo pro. Boy does the interface suck, compared to that. Anyway, I was able to download a tweak that added the speed dial back like it was on the 700wx, but is there a way to get rid of that stupid internet button that opens up PIE? I would prefer call history or a menu like my old treo. I downloaded a program called soft key manager or something, and was able to swap out functions, but I could not find the application to add call history.

Anybody know how to do this?

EDIT:
    --
    I found the solution to my problem. I was able to download a program, and link the keys, as somebody mentioned. I will post exact instructions later on.

Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by ughlogins; 07/06/2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: solved
    Quote Originally Posted by ughlogins View Post
    Coming from a 700wx. Just got the treo pro. Boy does the interface suck, compared to that. Anyway, I was able to download a tweak that added the speed dial back like it was on the 700wx, but is there a way to get rid of that stupid internet button that opens up PIE? I would prefer call history or a menu like my old treo. I downloaded a program called soft key manager or something, and was able to swap out functions, but I could not find the application to add call history.

Anybody know how to do this?
    i tried to find a LNK file for keyswop to make one of the soft keys to call history and was unsuccesful.
    If you know how to edit the registry, you can follow these instructions to change the softkeys. I have my right softkey labeled "Media", mapped to Kinoma play. For some reason I haven't been able to change the left softkey in a similar fashion.

In the Phone app's Menu, there's a Speed Dial settings panel that allows you to assign button 2-9 to preset numbers (button 1 is reserved for voicemail). You can set up to 98 presets, but 10-99 use the virtual keypad. Not as good as the labeled speed dial buttons on older Treos, but it gets the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ughlogins View Post
    Were you able to swap out both soft keys on todays screen using that software?
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Using KeySwop you can tag one of the two soft keys to Windows/cprog.exe which will pull up the phone dialer. You can tweak the file from there to just pull the call history. My problem before was I hated that you could not pull call history without dialing the last missed call.

Anyhow this seems to be working for me for now. Good Luck
    pushing the space-bar on today shortcuts to call history.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Not on my device... Nothing happens when I hit my spacebar on the Today screen.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    Using KeySwop you can tag one of the two soft keys to Windows/cprog.exe which will pull up the phone dialer. You can tweak the file from there to just pull the call history. My problem before was I hated that you could not pull call history without dialing the last missed call.

Anyhow this seems to be working for me for now. Good Luck
    how do you tweak the windows/cprog.exe file to pull up just the call history
    Wow I never knew that! It worked for me too!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Jeez, Les, How'd you figure that one out?

That was way too easy!!!!

Mark
  11.    #11  
    This doesn't work on mine. I have a Sprint Treo Pro. Are you using the GSM or Sprint?
    i am also using the sprint treo pro, i can confirm it works for me. its been working ever since i got the phone. when i press the green button, works the same as the spacebar. so i dont really use the spacebar.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    If you have zbop's quick lookup and speed dial cab installed, it probably won't work...
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polobreaka View Post
    i am also using the sprint treo pro, i can confirm it works for me. its been working ever since i got the phone. when i press the green button, works the same as the spacebar. so i dont really use the spacebar.
    Whenever I hit the green button, I always to have to double check that I didn't tap it twice and redial the last number called....so I like the spacebar better-
    Can't believe I never found that out before.

Mark
  15. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Whenever I hit the green button, I always to have to double check that I didn't tap it twice and redial the last number called....so I like the spacebar better-
    Can't believe I never found that out before.

Mark
    I never knew this before either & like the spacebar over the green button for the same reason.

Thanks to whoever found this neat feature.
    actually i think pushing the spacebar/green button 1 time brings it up to 'Smartdial', not 'Call History'. Call History should have 4 bottom buttons that filters out 'incoming', 'outgoing', 'missed calls', 'All calls'. because in order for me to clear my missed call notification, i have to press spacebar/green button, then menu, then call history.

in the actually call history screen, on the left softkey, it says 'smartdial', and when you press that, it brings you to the same screen when you press spacebar/green button.

correct me if im wrong.
    sorry double post. i dont know why it posted twice.
    Last edited by polobreaka; 07/22/2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: double post.