1.    #1  
    Im interested in better earpiece sound than my 800w.The only thing stopping me is that I read that web pages take twice as long to load.
    I use the web quite a bit and that would be the deal killer.
    Im on Sprint.
    Did I read mistaken info?
    Thats just the Internet explorer 6, but who uses that. Just download opera mini and everything is perfect, and also use the IE6 downgrade to make it act more like pie. Im pretty sure the treo pro is faster, but im comin from a 700wx so ive never had a 800w.
    Testing the Pro for the past three weeks. Changed IE6 to PIE with Cody's cab and browsing experience is same as 800w.

I love the 800w form factor and keyboard but have to admit the Pro is a more stable and useful phone/PDA.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    No, it's not twice as slow. It's slower in some things, but it can go places PIE can't go at all. Worth the tradeoff for me, but maybe not for you.

If you don't like the mobile IE6 then you can run Cody's IE switcher and go back to the old Pocket IE 6 that the 800w uses. And PIE6 then should be somewhat faster on the Pro than the 800w because the Pro has a faster CPU.
    also skyfire works extremely well
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    ...If you don't like the mobile IE6 then you can run Cody's IE switcher and go back to the old Pocket IE 6 that the 800w uses. And PIE6 then should be somewhat faster on the Pro than the 800w because the Pro has a faster CPU.
    In my experience so far, not much difference between the two despite the CPU clock differences.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    On all of my speed test results using PIE, the PRO is twice as fast as the 800W.
    I will never argue against objective data.

Mine is a subjective opinion from browsing back-to-back with both devices on my WiFi.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 07/11/2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    In my experience so far, not much difference between the two despite the CPU clock differences.
    Hmm interesting. Well, at least it isn't slower
    It isn't slower at all; I read on the reviews the the TP was not as "snappy" as the 800w. Having both phones now, loaded with exactly the same software and similar system tweaks, I find the TP performs a little better with less "lag" opening programs than the 800w - not the 800w had much lag to begin with.

Overall, I am pleasantly impressed with the TP. As expressed earlier, I just simply love the 800w form and KB, but the TP is simply more stable and a bit quicker from my experience. The KB, though not as good as the 800's, doesn't take much time to get used to either.