1.    #1  
    I have never owned a smartphone before and have been an avid Palm TX owner for years..I was waiting on the Pre to come out but the Sprint coverage in my area scares me. I am with Alltel and soon to be with Verizon..I was thinking of going with the Treo Pro and sticking with Verizon ( better signal) untill Palm can work out there hardware issues with a the Pre..And it come to Verizon .I need someone to confirm that when Win Mo goes from 6.1 to 6.5 that I will not have to purchase a new phone if I have the Treo Pro.. Does the Treo Pro sync well with the desktop PC.. What about web browsing.?? Thanks
    Last edited by Empty_Pockets; 07/03/2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Verizon does not carry the Treo Pro, so if you're thinking about Verizon, you're out of luck...
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    There's always the GSM/3G unlocked version of the Treo Pro if there is an active at&t wireless signal in your area. I have my Treo Pro with at&t and it works like a charm. I don't know now if where you live at&t has coverage.
    I think Alltel did, but I don't know the status of ordering one from Alltel since they were purchased by Verizon.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Unless you purchase Alltel service, Alltel Treo Pro's can't be used on Verizon. Their MEIDs are in the database but they are flagged for restricted use (in other words, Alltel-only).
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro