1.    #1  
    can anyone tell me how to attach or insert a contact into an email or sms message?

Often, some one calls me while away from the office & I need to send them the basic contact details of someone in my contacts folder. How can I do that?
  2.    #2  
    test
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Go to contacts, find the contact you're looking for highlight it, press hard on the D pad (palm button) and the context menu will appear->scroll to "send contact"-> press the rocker to right and send sms will appear.
    I just saw an Apple commercial dedicated to exactly what you want to do. Basically copy/paste anything into email text even Google Maps.

Our devices have part copy/paste capabilities. You can take your stylus, press down and hold until pop box shows. There you can choose what you want to do. I just tried to copy/paste a contact to email text and it wasn't possible. Maps, I don't think so.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    It is actually very easy on the Treo Pro or any Windows Mobile device with the help of a small program. I have posted a link to the thread I listed them in and the actual post. I hope this helps.

Thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/wm...-software.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/wm...ml#post1652673

These are two very useful program:
    01. Email triage (move an email to task or appointment!)
    02. Send any contact via sms or email

Edit:
    Added the CAB's to the post.

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by graylion; 07/05/2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Add attachment CAB's
    graylion
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Go to contacts, find the contact you're looking for highlight it, press hard on the D pad (palm button) and the context menu will appear->scroll to "send contact"-> press the rocker to right and send sms will appear.
    I have a CDMA version thru Bell Mobility & it does not allow attachments in the SMS.

when I try what u described above, the only send option is BEAM
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonardhoyt View Post
    I have a CDMA version thru Bell Mobility & it does not allow attachments in the SMS.

when I try what u described above, the only send option is BEAM
    mine gives me both options: beam & send by sms.
    Has anyone found a way to send contact details to email?
    I can use the menu command to send to SMS, but it won't accept an email address as an SMS destination.

Perhaps there is a way to copy to clip-board for pasting into an email? I haven't found it.
  9.    #9  
    I'm with Bell Mobility in Atlantic Canada & using the Treo Pro
    I can only BEAM when I select send from a contacts window.

I cannot insert files in SMS messages & when I look in the owners guide, there is an entire chapter (#7) on how to send MMS messages. When I called Bell Mobility Tech support, they said to read the manual, when I advised that I did, they put me on hold & then came back to inform that MMS is not available on my phone. I went to online chat with Palm support & they say I need a 3rd party app for this feature.

seams to me that a phone that costs $700.00 & is marketed as a PRO with Win Pro 6.1, that they missed a very basic feature.

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

I tried the apps that Graylion sent before.
    01. Email triage (move an email to task or appointment!)
    02. Send any contact via sms or email

I copied these files to my phone & opened them in file explorer, but I dont see how they wrok or where they installed & cannot find what they do or how to make them work.
    My apologies, I did not go into enough detail for this. When you install the CAB's there is no indication (other than successful cab installation) or program menus. They become part of your default applications, for example.

Email Triage
    Goto your email list and hold the Palm button down for approx. 2 or more seconds to bring up the context menu with all of the normal commands (delete, reply, etc). You should now see two new commands (Move to Tasks & Move to Calendar). After selected one of the you are presented with a complete and saved Task or Appointment on screen and I recommend that you select edit right away. You can now set the important details like Due Date, Time, etc and save it correct.

Contact Send
    Goto your defaul contact list or whatever PIM you use. I use Agenda One and the new menu comman appear (however not all 3rd Party PIM's work this way). High the contact you want to send and hold down the Palm center key (approx 2 seconds) and let go. This brings up the normal contaxt menu (new contact, etc).

The menu now has an additional command [Send via email/SMS]. You now have a screen the shows check boxes for each field of contact info (Name, Title, Mobile, Email, etc). This is very useful if you only want to send name, phone and email but do not want to share sensitive info typed in the notes field. After you hit [OK] it goes to the account picker (Outlook Email, Email 1, Email 2, SMS, etc). Once you select an account it creates a new message with the field selected. They kind of run on in an SMS format so if you select email hit enter a few times at the start of eah field to clean it up (optional). The program could be cleaner but it work, works well and to my knowledge is the only program that makes it this easy. Select who you send it to, subject or not and hit [SEND].

I hope and wish that some of the awsome programmers on this forum would take a look at these two programs and bring them further along. Maybe Hannip, Zbop or another who works the Windows Mobile magic.

Edit:
    Holding the Palm center key down and using the stylus to press and hold is the same thing. I just don't use the stylus much so it does not always occur to me.

Regards
    Last edited by graylion; 07/08/2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Stylus comment
    graylion
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    My apologies, I did not go into enough detail for this. When you install the CAB's there is no indication (other than successful cab installation) or program menus. They become part of your default applications, for example.

Email Triage
    Goto your email list and hold the Palm button down for approx. 2 or more seconds to bring up the context menu with all of the normal commands (delete, reply, etc). You should now see two new commands (Move to Tasks & Move to Calendar). After selected one of the you are presented with a complete and saved Task or Appointment on screen and I recommend that you select edit right away. You can now set the important details like Due Date, Time, etc and save it correct.

Contact Send
    Goto your defaul contact list or whatever PIM you use. I use Agenda One and the new menu comman appear (however not all 3rd Party PIM's work this way). High the contact you want to send and hold down the Palm center key (approx 2 seconds) and let go. This brings up the normal contaxt menu (new contact, etc).

The menu now has an additional command [Send via email/SMS]. You now have a screen the shows check boxes for each field of contact info (Name, Title, Mobile, Email, etc). This is very useful if you only want to send name, phone and email but do not want to share sensitive info typed in the notes field. After you hit [OK] it goes to the account picker (Outlook Email, Email 1, Email 2, SMS, etc). Once you select an account it creates a new message with the field selected. They kind of run on in an SMS format so if you select email hit enter a few times at the start of eah field to clean it up (optional). The program could be cleaner but it work, works well and to my knowledge is the only program that makes it this easy. Select who you send it to, subject or not and hit [SEND].

I hope and wish that some of the awsome programmers on this forum would take a look at these two programs and bring them further along. Maybe Hannip, Zbop or another who works the Windows Mobile magic.

Edit:
    Holding the Palm center key down and using the stylus to press and hold is the same thing. I just don't use the stylus much so it does not always occur to me.

Regards

Thanks. When I tried that. I see the context menu and appreciated; however, when I did that in my SMS program. I get pop-up error that says were sorry a problem has occurred with tmail.exe
    . Please tell Microsoft about this problem at no cost to you

. Is this in error anyone else has ever encountered?

In the contact send, when I select a contact and I push and hold the center button, a menu does appear.
    However, I don't see the options that you have suggested.
    Send via email/SMS

I simply have
    drive to/ map it/ business search/ call work/ call home/ call mobile/ send e-mail/ send text message/ send contact with a sub menu option for Beam / print via Bluetooth/ locate in Google maps

. Perhaps I did not install the cab file properly

. Can anybody help me?
    My apologies again. I have been using Agenda One for PIM since WM5 and never use the default Windows contact list. I think it used to appear on the default in WM5. Anyway I use Agenda One and the send sms/email appears right above the locate in Google Maps. You can download a trial copy if you are not opposed to it. Also I am on a GSM Treo Pro not Sprint, but I think it should still work.

Once I figured out how difficult it was to copy and past field by field to an email/sms I spent a lot of time find the send contact program. I just wish someone with lots of programming skill could continue the evolution.

Regards