1.    #1  
    I've been getting increasingly frustrated at the accuracy of the touch screen on this thing. I've edited the registry to increase the sensitivity, however it does nothing to increase accuracy. When I try to Align Screen I get stuck in an almost endless loop and wind up having to soft reset to get back to a usable phone. I generally have to aim a little below my target, or in the case of the scroll bar on the right, way to the right, almost at the very edge of the phone, and even then half the time I wind up hitting the 'x' button, closing out my window. Is anyone else having as bad a problem as I seem to be having? Is this something I should take up with a service center or see about getting it replaced?
    I would see about getting it replace. I've never had to realign my screen and the accuracy is fine.
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I've been getting increasingly frustrated at the accuracy of the touch screen on this thing. I've edited the registry to increase the sensitivity, however it does nothing to increase accuracy. When I try to Align Screen I get stuck in an almost endless loop and wind up having to soft reset to get back to a usable phone. I generally have to aim a little below my target, or in the case of the scroll bar on the right, way to the right, almost at the very edge of the phone, and even then half the time I wind up hitting the 'x' button, closing out my window. Is anyone else having as bad a problem as I seem to be having? Is this something I should take up with a service center or see about getting it replaced?
    By any chance do you have a screen protector that may be reducing the sensitivity of the screen? If not I would think about getting it replaced.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    My sensativity and accuracy is dead on even with a screen protector. Sure sounds like you've got a dud.
    Never had a problem...and I also have a screen protector
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I do also but some of the *generic* ones caused problems from what was posted here.

I agree that the OP has a bad unit.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies! Well, as luck would have it, I finally got the Align Screen to actually work, now my accuracy is really good. I'm still going to keep my eye on it though in case it goes back south.