1.    #1  
    I realise that this is a phone not a camera but...

Specifications for the Treo pro camera say 8X digital zoom.

When I use the camera function, I can't seem to get any zoom with camera mode and I only get 2X zoom in video mode.

That is with the camera set to either basic quality (low resolution) or finest quality (high resolution).

Can someone please advise how I can get 8X zoom (even if the quality is pants). I have RTFM.

Thanks
    You have to change the camera's resolution first. If you have it set to 2M it will not let you adjust the zoom. It will if you set the resolution to either S, M, L, or 1M. You can go all the way up to 8X with the S resolution selected.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    You have to change the camera's resolution first. If you have it set to 2M it will not let you adjust the zoom. It will if you set the resolution to either S, M, L, or 1M. You can go all the way up to 8X with the S resolution selected.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't spot the resolution button in the pop up panel. I though that was adjusted via "Quality" in the camera settings.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i'd like to tap into this thread for more info, instead of starting a new one.
    thanx for the camera info on resolution.
    now, can someone explain the video resolution to me? the S, M, L and CIF-what are the differences? i've played with it, but didn't have much success figuring it out.
    thanx!
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!