Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I own 3 of these phones with similar issues on all of them. Are others having similar issues?

1. Screen/phone turns completely off as in not having a battery (not turning off the phone aspect) Pressing power or any button does not power it back on. Need to remove the battery.
    2. I miss phone calls randomly. I have en excelent signal at home and sometimes I miss phone call when the phone is directly infront of me.

The above issues are most important to me. I can live with the following but wish I didnt have to.

3. Screen cycles on and off for no reason but to drain my battery. Need to remove battery.
    4. Battery has rarely charged to 100%. Ususally in the upper 90's. (all other programs are closed)
    5. Screen will not respond with touch/stylus. (rarely but had happened removing battery fixes this)

As one can see, I spend lots of my time removing the battery on all 6 800w phones I have owned. (recenly got the prior 3 replaced)
    About 2nd point - maybe it's a problem with radio module.

I had same problem on my previous device - HTC Tytn. When I came to service center they said that I need to replace the motherboard ($120-150). I've decided to sold my Tytn "as is".
    Quote Originally Posted by venom5150 View Post
    1. Screen/phone turns completely off as in not having a battery (not turning off the phone aspect) Pressing power or any button does not power it back on. Need to remove the battery.
    I had this problem very often with my first 800w. I got it replaced and found the replacement would do the same thing at times. Your number 1 is my number one reason for giving up on the 800w. After 2, I was not going to try a 3rd. I filed a BBB complaint and made Palm refund my money.

You might want to search around this 800w forum a bit, to see what others have been saying about their experiences. Not every experience is the same, but you're not alone in yours.
    I've gone through 5 800Ws since it came out for various problems. One of them wouldn't ring, another two froze at the Palm start up screen. I don't even remember what issues the others had.

When it worked as it should, it was a decent phone. The size and layout was perfect for my needs, but the glitches were too much. I had the 700WX for over two years and overall, that phone was way better when it came to reliability.

My last one failed last night and I'm waiting for a Treo Pro to be delivered now. Honestly, I feel Palm should have just offered 800W owners a discount on the Treo Pro and called it a day.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamzilla View Post
    I've gone through 5 800Ws since it came out for various problems. One of them wouldn't ring, another two froze at the Palm start up screen. I don't even remember what issues the others had.

When it worked as it should, it was a decent phone. The size and layout was perfect for my needs, but the glitches were too much. I had the 700WX for over two years and overall, that phone was way better when it came to reliability.

My last one failed last night and I'm waiting for a Treo Pro to be delivered now. Honestly, I feel Palm should have just offered 800W owners a discount on the Treo Pro and called it a day.
    We have had very similar experiences. My 700wx was great for over 2 years as well and blindly bought the 800w thinking i would get similar performance.
    I'm on my second 800w and I'm having the same problems (1,2). I wish someone could help me with this. Also, one thing I never understood is why there is no power button to switch the whole phone on/off. If I want to save battery, and have my phone off, I have to take out the battery!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetzel View Post
    Also, one thing I never understood is why there is no power button to switch the whole phone on/off. If I want to save battery, and have my phone off, I have to take out the battery!?
    Because Palm never seemed to understand the meaning of the term "off" when making Treos. If you ask Palm how to turn the "phone off", they tell you to put the device in airplane mode. They never really grasped, that some people really like being able to totally shut the device down entirely at times. Never mind that MANY other devices have a real "off" switch, Palm never put one on Treos.