1.    #1  
    um I just did a hard reset and upon start-up i have to align the screen. Um how come it never gets aligned for like five mins trying to align but I gave up. I reay do not want to pull my invisable shield off

But has anyone had this issue?
  2.    #2  
    think I am going to cry
    That happens to me now whenever I have to hard reset (which unfortunately has been twice in the last few weeks). I wind up having to hard reset several times before I can get past the align screen section. Once it only worked when I used my finger rather than the stylus.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for that use my thumb it finally worked, sadly just after I agreed to buy BB curve of craigslist but oh well got a backup phone
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    That happens to me now whenever I have to hard reset (which unfortunately has been twice in the last few weeks). I wind up having to hard reset several times before I can get past the align screen section. Once it only worked when I used my finger rather than the stylus.
    what do you do when you need to use the stylus?
    Hah, yeah I searched for this last week...

I've had this issue with 3 different Treo Pros, so I am really surprised that no one has complained about it till now. I tend to hard-reset frequently because of my experimentation, so I guess I just notice it more.

If I'm lucky I'll get by with 2 passes. Usually by the fifth pass, I will either soft-reset or hard-reset and start over. A couple of times I just let it continue and I've had to do it like 20 times (fighting the temptation to hurl my phone against the wall) before it finally took.

I believe there is a registry setting that we can tweak to minimize this problem, but you'd need a custom ROM to use it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hah, yeah I searched for this last week...

I've had this issue with 3 different Treo Pros, so I am really surprised that no one has complained about it till now. I tend to hard-reset frequently because of my experimentation, so I guess I just notice it more.

If I'm lucky I'll get by with 2 passes. Usually by the fifth pass, I will either soft-reset or hard-reset and start over. A couple of times I just let it continue and I've had to do it like 20 times (fighting the temptation to hurl my phone against the wall) before it finally took.

I believe there is a registry setting that we can tweak to minimize this problem, but you'd need a custom ROM to use it.
    ah yes a custom rom wish I knew how todo all that sfuff
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    what do you do when you need to use the stylus?
    Well, even when it works properly I rarely use the stylus, however, even when I get a successful alignment using my finger, the stylus will still work.
  9.    #9  
    perhaps this comes from the magnets in my hipcase, i haven't used it in two days and went to try and align it. to my surprise it took right away
    This is a complete, huge, bug, and I wish they would fix it.

The QA by Palm and Sprint is atrocious.