1.    #1  
    My Power Vision is constantly restarting. It started recently and is quite annoying. It may have started after installing QuickGPS. Has anyone had this happen after installing QuickGPS? Or for some other reason?
    was was doing it randomly as well...I don't have that GPS thing installed. All I did was soft reset and it stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    My Power Vision is constantly restarting. It started recently and is quite annoying. It may have started after installing QuickGPS. Has anyone had this happen after installing QuickGPS? Or for some other reason?
    Huh, yup I think I've noticed this too. Interesting.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    I found quick GPS was hurting battery life and not making much difference in tie to first fix.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I found quick GPS was hurting battery life and not making much difference in tie to first fix.
    How much did you find it was affecting battery life? I have mine set to automatically download new data when the old has expired, but it should happen only once a week, yes?

Does QuickGPS pull down data in between weekly updates?

Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    i uninstalled QuickGPS and it still seems to behave the same way.
    I installed this cab. and am glad I did. My Treo Pro has only 1 bar and my wifes Treo 800w has 4 bars and it is not set to force roam. I have contacted sprint and Palm and they have no answers for why this is.
    I also set up force roam for data and am getting all my emails again as well also getting 4 bars.
    Great cab.
    Quote Originally Posted by simplegrinn69 View Post
    I installed this cab. and am glad I did. My Treo Pro has only 1 bar and my wifes Treo 800w has 4 bars and it is not set to force roam. I have contacted sprint and Palm and they have no answers for why this is.
    I also set up force roam for data and am getting all my emails again as well also getting 4 bars.
    Great cab.
    Mmm what cab are you referring to?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I have noticed this also. Initially also thought it was related to install of QuickGPS. But even after hard reset and a Sprite backup prior to the QuickGPS install, still the same. Powervision restarting for no apparent reason even though NO programs are set to auto download any data. Seems that if the EVDO signal gets weak it restarts and comes back at 1X and if it gets strong it restarts and comes back as EVDO.
  10.    #10  
    I realized today that it is not restarting. It just shuts itself off. Then every time it checks my e-mail or I open a browser, it has to connect. So, I need to find out why PV is turning off when I am used to it always staying on.