1.    #1  
    I you havnt given opera mobile 9.7 beta a shot, then you should definitely reconsider. Opera has made considerable headway over the previous 9.5 in terms of speed and usability. In my opinion, the new beta is close to-if not on par with iPhone 2g.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I also loaded it on my 800w and it works very well.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    How come I cant get "large text" to stick?
    Do I have to go to settings for each new page?
    Even when the setting "large" is selected the print is tiny.
    Otherwise ,this is much faster than IE.
    Ditto - pages render too small for me.
    Back to Opera Mini. Nothing beats it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I have opera mobile 8.5 on my phone. I installed the 9.7 version.. some questions:

1. How come it didnt import all my 8.5 bookmarks
    2. how do you get the zoom to work all the time. I tap on the screen and sometimes it zooms in and other times nope.
    3. sometimes when it renders the pager (before zoom) it is so small you cant see anything. why?
  7.    #7  
    I didn't use Opera mobile as my primary browser. For that, I used Opera mini 4.2. I prefer to use Opera mobile on sites that utilize Ajax style user interfaces. Opera mini doesn't seem to support these web pages as well. The combination of these two browsers made it possible to navigate a majority of the websites available.

To answer the zooming questions:
    I found that tapping directly on blocks of non-hyperlinked text makes Opera mobile adjust to the appropriate viewing size.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I still cant get the zoom to always work and about 60% of the time the page is SOO SMALL before I zoom so I dont know where to click
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    I have opera mobile 8.5 on my phone. I installed the 9.7 version.. some questions:

1. How come it didnt import all my 8.5 bookmarks
    You have to move them manually. There is a file called opera6.adr, in V9.7 it is located in Program Files\Opera Mobile\profile. In older versions, it was stored somewhere else, I don't recall where (it varies from version to version). even if you deleted version 8.5, chances are the old opera6.adr file is probably on your device somewhere.