1.    #1  
    I am looking for buy one off of ebay but some people suggest those are not supported by Palm. I dont know if they are talking abt GSM or Sprint TPs. But if I want to buy from ebay or one used one from someone, what should be the firmware on it and is there something to check for in case I am buying it *used*???
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    My Treo Pro is GSM/3G, I'm with at&t and my Firmware read: 1.65.28.25
    Software version: T850UNA-1.01-NAE Version: AN

I hope this helps.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    mine is:

Software Version: T850UNA-1.01-NAE
    Hardware Version: AN
    Firmware Version: 1.65.28.25
    Just call me Berd.
    My GSM Treo Pro (3G) isn't unlocked, it's from one of Latin America's carrier, CLARO.

Soft. Ver: T850UNA-1.01-LAE
    Firm. Ver: 1.65.28.25
    Hard. Ver: AN

Actually, I was going to do the bluetooth update, the one on Palm's website. But I'm not sure if I can apply it to my phone, or any other software update that Palm may put up in the future for the unlocked GSM TP. My phone seems like "unbranded", it doesn't even include the carrier's name in the software number like Sprint's. But if you see, it ends with "LAE" instead of "NAE".

I know I should ask Palm, but what do you guys think? Could I do now or in the future any of the updates for the unlocked one? Palm never work on updates for the Latin America market (unless you buy from Sprint, AT&T, etc., which I don't like their coverage here in Puerto Rico).
    gsm tp has only one firmware, and it is this one. differences are NAE (north america), LAE (latin), EME (europe,middle east)

feel free to flash bt patch from treo website, its universal

trat is not firmware at all, and btw there are no and threre seems never will be any alternatives so no worries
    jsp_m, I'm forced to wonder if you mean no alternatives being custom roms.. I certainly believe there will in the very near future... Of course if you feel you're an expert on this topic feel free to prove me wrong. I know for the CDMA (currently) Panther HSPL is in the works and should be surfacing soon and GSM is soon to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by khalaan View Post
    jsp_m, I'm forced to wonder if you mean no alternatives being custom roms.. I certainly believe there will in the very near future... Of course if you feel you're an expert on this topic feel free to prove me wrong. I know for the CDMA (currently) Panther HSPL is in the works and should be surfacing soon and GSM is soon to follow.
    What leads you to believe this? I've seen nothing but negative news on the custom ROM front.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.