Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Been trying for the last hour to set up my exchange server account. After getting "what I think" are the right settings from our IT guy, I am now getting the following error when I try to sync to exchange.

"Cannot connect with current connection settings."

I have had no luck searching, (here & Google). Most of the stuff I have found were the set up steps I already have.

Any suggestions as to what I have not done right so far?

Thanks.
    J_Bone,
    If you attach you Treo to your computer and force Exchange to sync in ActiveSync it will give you an error code for the problem. That may help you find more information.
    What is your server name or address, post those except username and passwords. Also find out what the domain is if any.

I use a hosted exchange account and my settings are as followed:

server address: ex7.mail2web.com
    username: user_mail2web.com
    domain: ad2
    password: confidential

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
    Been trying for the last hour to set up my exchange server account. After getting "what I think" are the right settings from our IT guy, I am now getting the following error when I try to sync to exchange.

"Cannot connect with current connection settings."

I have had no luck searching, (here & Google). Most of the stuff I have found were the set up steps I already have.

Any suggestions as to what I have not done right so far?

Thanks.
    I'm assuming you're trying to get ActiveSync going here...it can be tricky the first time. Is anyone else using ActiveSync at your work -- ie, do you know your server has it enabled and your account specifically given rights to it? Questions for the IT guy most likely.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Not sure how I missed the code part.

I am getting a code about a invalid security certificate. Our IT guy may be stopping by later.

Just for my ignorance, a local sync through a USB cable doesn't have to jump through the security hoops that a wireless sync does, right? I have been syncing fine through the cable for years. Just now trying to do it wirelessly.

It is Active Sync. I will check about the server rights.

Thanks for all the help.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
    Not sure how I missed the code part.

I am getting a code about a invalid security certificate. Our IT guy may be stopping by later.

Just for my ignorance, a local sync through a USB cable doesn't have to jump through the security hoops that a wireless sync does, right? I have been syncing fine through the cable for years. Just now trying to do it wirelessly.

It is Active Sync. I will check about the server rights.

Thanks for all the help.
    Oh it probably is set up for ActiveSync if you're getting that far.

You could try disabling the setting "this server requires a secure connection" since it won't use the certificate then, but this won't work if the server is set to require a certificate.