1.    #1  
    Just got my STP in yesterday and I played with a little before activating it. Bought NIB off of Fleabay for $197 shipped. Came in as v1.03 and I updated it to 1.04 (thanks for the links)

My previous history has been

650|700wx|Centro|800w|Treo Pro

Of those the Pro is clearly been the best one as far as function goes. Not sure I like actual case/body the most as the 800w was pretty damn nice.

Oddly enough even though it is the same operating system as the 800 there are numerous differences.

I installed Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 last night before I activated the phone and I noticed I lost all sound and could not get it back. Uninstalled it and no longer had an issue. Not 100% I like Mobile Shell enough to try and resolve the issues

Wifi seems to work much better and I have yet to find the way manual turn off the GPS but battery life is looking like it will be greatly improved. I have no issue with missed calls (speaker phone/ring volume seem to be much better than the 800) and I have yet to do the "fix" for it

So far the only thing that I am not liking though it has not presented it self as an issue is the signal strength meter

The 800 in my office would display 4 bars where as this phone bounces between 1 and 3 (2 as I type this) and I have actually seen it show no bars but still work.

Time to do a little research and see if that is something that can be tweaked or is just a known bug.

Is anyone else seeing that (signal strength) issue?
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    I installed Spb Mobile Shell 3.0 last night before I activated the phone and I noticed I lost all sound and could not get it back. Uninstalled it and no longer had an issue. Not 100% I like Mobile Shell enough to try and resolve the issues
    This is a known bug in MS3 that was fixed in one of the later releases. Sprint also released a patch to supposedly fix another ringer bug.

Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    So far the only thing that I am not liking though it has not presented it self as an issue is the signal strength meter

The 800 in my office would display 4 bars where as this phone bounces between 1 and 3 (2 as I type this) and I have actually seen it show no bars but still work.

Time to do a little research and see if that is something that can be tweaked or is just a known bug.

Is anyone else seeing that (signal strength) issue?
    Yes.
    I have the GSM version with at&t and have 'very' good signal strengh...no complains

I also installed the GSM version of Palm's own threaded msg application written by hannip on this forum and I love it. (Just like the threaded msg appl that comes with the 800w)
    Disregard the signal thing, i think. My suspicion has always been that it under-reports when on Ev. The few moments i see it change to 1x (like when sending texts or on a voice call) its always 5 bars for me whereas on Ev it's usually 2 bars. I just wish there was a way to display signal strength for both 1x and Ev (at the same time) so as to allay people's concerns.

I'm happy with the phone, just need more freed up ram.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....