1.    #1  
    Is there any rumor that a faster Treo Pro is in the works? I now have a 400 mhz WM Phone and I can't wait for that infamous lag to dwindle... Right now, the only front facing QWERTY keyboard WM Professional device with a newer processor is the Samsung EPIX. It seems that if the Treo Pro were updated in that way it would easily be at the top of the WM Professional pack, as the newer faster WM phones with a front facing keyboard are all WM Standard (Jack, Snap), and there are still many people out there who prefer a touchscreen...
    Steve
    Last edited by sjescott; 06/23/2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjescott View Post
    Is there any rumor that a faster Treo Pro is in the works?
    No.
    I thought the Treo Pro had a 528MHz processor from QualComm.

Mine shows MSM7501A-528MHz. Guess I got the fast one if you only have 400MHZ. Boo Yah!!!
    The Samsung EPIX is running on a 624 MHz processor (wow!) and has a 1800 mAh battery for extended usage. Bet its a 1800mAh to deal with the power hungry processor???
  5.    #5  
    Is your 528mHz GSM? That's what I need... If that's what's on the mkt right now, I'm in.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by cfendrick View Post
    I thought the Treo Pro had a 528MHz processor from QualComm.

Mine shows MSM7501A-528MHz. Guess I got the fast one if you only have 400MHZ. Boo Yah!!!
    Mine is on Sprint it's a CDMA phone. I didn't know the GSM one's had a different processor. That suxs I guess. Don't the GSM one's have smaller memory specs as well. I have 339.48mb Storage and 80.54mb Program.

Less bugs on the GSM I hear.

Just saw a post that said, "They both use the exact same processor, the Qualcomm MSM7201, it's just the Sprint version is clocked higher, 528Mhz vs 400Mhz"
    Mine is on Sprint it's a CDMA phone. I didn't know the GSM one's had a different processor. That suxs I guess. Don't the GSM one's have smaller memory specs as well. I have 339.48mb Storage and 80.54mb Program.

Less bugs on the GSM I hear.

Just saw a post that said, "They both use the exact same processor, the Qualcomm MSM7201, it's just the Sprint version is clocked higher, 528Mhz vs 400Mhz"
    So wouldn't that mean GSM TP owners can easily overclock their phones and it should be stable???
    The Samsung EPIX is running on a 624 MHz processor (wow!) and has a 1800 mAh battery for extended usage. Bet its a 1800mAh to deal with the power hungry processor???
    The EPIX is also extremely bug-ridden, with lots of problems involving notifications, missed calls, buggy ringer tone settings, faded keyboard, and SLOG dumps. Samsung/AT&T released some OTA firmware upgrades to address some of these issues, but according to the AT&T message boards, lots of folks are still very dissatisfied with their EPIX.

It's really a shame, because the EPIX's specs totally blow away the Treo Pro. I especially like the EPIX's hard keys (versus the TP's soft keys) and the easily-removable battery cover and external microSD slot. Oh well. I tried out the EPIX by purchasing it outright from the AT&T store and ended up returning it within 2 weeks since it was getting too frustrating to use. Maybe when it gets really discounted, I'll pick it up again and slap on a custom ROM which will hopefully fix most of the phone's issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    So wouldn't that mean GSM TP owners can easily overclock their phones and it should be stable???
    And I'm sure a mass of GSM Treo Pro owners are waiting to hear how to easily overclock their device. The chip in the GSM Treo Pro should be able to do 528MHZ, but I have not seen any easy instructions for how to overclock the GSM Treo Pro's processor.

You all may want to take a look at this related thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...treo-pros.html
    do the GSM have more ram than the CDMA?