Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I hope someone can help. I had to do a HARD RESET on my 800W and reinstall all of my software. its been working fine all day today and I was even able to sync with VISTA and USB. Tonight I plug in the USB cable and I get a DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" error message. I have tried everything.. I dont want to TRY another hard reset. Any ideas how to resolve? I have 2 vista machines and it works one one (I just tested it after I received the message on my machine) but NOT the other.. WHY?? how do I resolve?? If it works on one but NOT the other mahcine I assume its NOT the 800W...

Thanks..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    UPDATE - I had to delete the partnership on MY vista desktop to get it to work again. on the laptop it was the 1st time I used it to sync so it worked.. WHY does this happen and how to resolve so I dont have to delete the partnership all the time?
    Your lucky, all 4 of my 800's could not sync with Vista. Sometimes I'd get a hit now and again. My Treo Pro syncs everytime. Luckily I still have an XP PC that the 800 works fine with. Something about the 800 and Vista just don't jive.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    what is different with the treo PRO as far as the USB or SYNC stuff?? I dont think there is anything different? If this keeps happening, I will take it to sprint and demand a TREO PRO.. they told me I could get another 800W.. BUT I dont want one if its going to keep doing this. This is about the 3rd time since I had the unit that I had this error.. the 1st 2 times the only way to resolve was the hard reset and then restore from a backup
    Last edited by djqwik; 06/21/2009 at 08:45 PM.
    If you laptop supports Bluetoothing, give that a try - works much more reliably.
    When I had an 800w, I would at times need to delete the partnership on my PC and my device for things to work properly. And that was using ActiveSync on a Windows XP (SP 2 32-bit) box. When I got my Touch Pro, I never had to delete the partnership and ActiveSync just worked. I have no idea why it went like that. But I felt ActiveSync was more buggy when I had and 800w, now I feel it works pretty good since using it with my Touch Pro. And I've just upgraded (last week) to Vista (SP 2 64-bit), I REALLY like Windows Mobile Device Center even better. (Yea I know I could have waited to get Windows 7, whatever I'll get it later.) The version in Vista works for me the way I really feel an "ActiveSync" should work. When I made the new partnership data synced flawlessly without having to ask me anything and the updates I had in my Touch Pro synced well with data I had restored to my PC's MS Outlook from a backup, it's very fast syncing too.

Only hassle I'll have now that I'm using Vista, is that I've heard Windows based ROM updaters don't seem to work well with Vista's Sync Center, so I'll probably have to flash ROMs via MicroSD.

I like using the wired connection for syncing, because then my device can also use my PC's Internet connection. (Sure I've got WiFi, but no need to bother with it for quick tasks that need an Internet connection.)
    When I received the "wanna create a new partnership" thing, a reset of either the laptop and/or the Treo 800W took care of the problem. I really did find Bluetooth a more reliable answer though.