1.    #1  
    I have the MLB game package for my computer. Does anyone know how to get the games to play on my GTP? Is it possible? Easiest way to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    The games play through your windows media player on your computer correct? If so, I would think you could do it through Orb, but I am not sure.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    It is actually streamed video that plays through????? NexDef??
  4.    #4  
    Maybe I don't have the requirements on the GTP?
    MLB.com FAQs | MLB.com: Help
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    It is actually streamed video that plays through?????
    I am real new to Orb, and I am not really sure of all the functions it has, but I link up directly to my computer with it wirelessly. I can grab any video off my computer and play it through my Pro. My computer also has a TV card, and I can watch TV via my computer through Orb. It comes through on my Pro in the windows media player.

Malatesta here in the forums would probably know, He's well versed with windows mobile.

You might want to take a look at Orb. It's a pretty neat program. MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

I am seeing NBA.com here: http://www.orb.com/en/live_events_broadcaster

7.    #7  
    Is there a link for Orb so I can check it out?
  8.    #8  
    I found ORB and downloaded it but can't figure it out
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    I found ORB and downloaded it but can't figure it out
    Don't feel bad. I had to play with it for quite a while to figure it out also, and still don't understand it 100%. You have to signed on with your computer, and then signon via your mobile phone. I've been able to use TV and get picture files through it so far.

10.    #10  
    I can find a lot of my stuff except the streaming video of the game. Ugh. Help...
  11.    #11  
    Skyfire seems like it should play it since I stream videos there all the time but I can not put my login info in the boxes. I can put the cursor there but when I type - nothing goes in the box. Ideas?
    The free trial does stream perfectly in the background on the login screen as well. It pplays for 30 seconds perfectly.
    Last edited by KJKRAMER; 06/20/2009 at 07:58 PM.
    Have you tried the Iris browser?

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Have you tried the Iris browser?
    No. I know I am close with Skyfire since the free trial will play in the background on the login screen for 30 seconds.. perfectly. I just cant get the blinking cursor to type anything in the login boxes.
    Hello there. Yes, I too have been trying to pull this off for awhile, and I finally got it right.

This year (maybe last year too, idk) mlb.tv started playing all games in flash, not a WMP stream.

As stated by someone else, skyfire Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. is your answer. Skyfire is a free WM browser that supports full flash. The magic is all server side, the 1000 mile high overview is they buffer the site for you and stream everything to your device. It just plain owns.

Anyway, MLB.tv is a bit tricky, you’ll have two problems.
    1) Mlb.tv require flash 10, but not really (there is a trick)… by trying to logon using standard means you will get kicked out because skyfire is currently on flash 9.
    2) When you open a game, the logon prompt is within the flash itself, the skyfire app will let you access the username and password field, but it does not acknowledge the keyboard..

But I have it working! Here’s what you need to do.

1. from the skyfire browser go to mlb.tv and click “current subscribers click here” link at the top
    2. you MUST open the game first, it will start the free 120 sec demo of the live game. you’ll see the logon prompt that you cannot enter. you must get the game to show first in this method (failure to do so will result in a “adobe flash 10 not found” error.
    3. Go back, either press the back button or use the menu to do such, at this point you should be looking at all available games to watch again.
    4. Scroll down to the section named “having problems accessing MLB.com Gameday audio” you’ll see the log-in link just below, click that.
    5. you’ll go to a different logon page, since mlb audio is included with the basic mlb tv package, there are no problems here, just enter your email and password and click logon.
    6. You’re now looking at the MLB gameday audio games available, but that not what we what. The key here is your MLB username and password are now cached in the skyfire session, so you wont have to enter them again from MLB TV.
    7. at the top, towards the middle click Audio & Video link, then again click “current subscribers click here” (at the top)
    8. you’ll have the listing of available live games, when you click on you’re already logged in, avoiding the log in problem from before
    9. Enjoy MLB TV on your WM device! And don’t forget to thank skyfire!
    Nice job cord

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cord01 View Post
    Hello there. Yes, I too have been trying to pull this off for awhile, and I finally got it right.

This year (maybe last year too, idk) mlb.tv started playing all games in flash, not a WMP stream.

As stated by someone else, skyfire Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. is your answer. Skyfire is a free WM browser that supports full flash. The magic is all server side, the 1000 mile high overview is they buffer the site for you and stream everything to your device. It just plain owns.

Anyway, MLB.tv is a bit tricky, you’ll have two problems.
    1) Mlb.tv require flash 10, but not really (there is a trick)… by trying to logon using standard means you will get kicked out because skyfire is currently on flash 9.
    2) When you open a game, the logon prompt is within the flash itself, the skyfire app will let you access the username and password field, but it does not acknowledge the keyboard..

But I have it working! Here’s what you need to do.

1. from the skyfire browser go to mlb.tv and click “current subscribers click here” link at the top
    2. you MUST open the game first, it will start the free 120 sec demo of the live game. you’ll see the logon prompt that you cannot enter. you must get the game to show first in this method (failure to do so will result in a “adobe flash 10 not found” error.
    3. Go back, either press the back button or use the menu to do such, at this point you should be looking at all available games to watch again.
    4. Scroll down to the section named “having problems accessing MLB.com Gameday audio” you’ll see the log-in link just below, click that.
    5. you’ll go to a different logon page, since mlb audio is included with the basic mlb tv package, there are no problems here, just enter your email and password and click logon.
    6. You’re now looking at the MLB gameday audio games available, but that not what we what. The key here is your MLB username and password are now cached in the skyfire session, so you wont have to enter them again from MLB TV.
    7. at the top, towards the middle click Audio & Video link, then again click “current subscribers click here” (at the top)
    8. you’ll have the listing of available live games, when you click on you’re already logged in, avoiding the log in problem from before
    9. Enjoy MLB TV on your WM device! And don’t forget to thank skyfire!
    I cant wait to try that tomorrow. If it works (I'm confident in you )- You are OFFICIALLY the man!!!!!!
    I still think there has to be a more direct route though without tricking sites. Obviously the technology and capabilities are there. I'll report back tomorrow. Thank you again for your time and excellent post.
  17.    #17  
    Cord01

Unbelievable!!!! I am watching the Red Sox and Atlanta game on my GSM Treo Pro as I write this!! You ARE the man!! Thanks a lot!!
    Cord, Once again, excellent work around!

I have a question though. Would this be possible through Orb? Could you put your windows media player from your computer into a shared folder and do it that way?