Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the new navigator 7 being sold on TomTom's website?
    Does it work?
  2.    #2  
    There was a new version of navigator posted (finally) by TomTom. Now as it is their usual (lazy) they claim that it only works with some PDAs. Has anyone tried it with the Treo Pro?
    I'm running TT7 on my Pro and it works like a charm.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Works great here as well.
    Thirded...running on my Pro great. Had also been running it on my 700Wx before i moved on to the Pro.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    to be more specific, Tom Tom 7 build 7.915(9196) working fine here (with USA maps v830.2323)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  7.    #7  
    Thanks to everyone!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I see Navigator 7 maps are available on microSD, are they available on DVD? I'd like them on DVD to be able to move maps over to my own microSD card so I can have my maps, music, other files on 1 card.
    You should be able to pull them off the microSD or TomTom unit itself. You can burn it to DVD or anything you want so it shouldn't really matter what it comes on.
  10.    #10  
    Now I have another question. If I check in the website, the only maps not available are those of the USA. IF i buy the Navigator 7 software which mpas should I buy for the software? Do you know if the USA version 6 maps work with TT7?
  11.    #11  
    tomtom 8 maps?
  12.    #12  
    Do you get IQ routes with Navigator 7. From the website one can deduct that no, but just want to confirm. It is not worth it to upgrade only for a few functionalities. Speed? Is it worth it to upgrade?
    I dunno I personally felt like the garmin xt app worked better with gps reception and notifications
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    I dunno I personally felt like the garmin xt app worked better with gps reception and notifications
    It might do but I uninstalled Garmin XT after a day as it was taking way, way longer than Tomtom 7 to calculate routes. I checked this by sitting in the same spot in my garden and and trying a few destinations with both.
    That does pain me, as I do not like Tomtom as a company. A few years ago, they shafted Pocket PC users by removing a lot of functionality in an "Upgrade." Why did they do that? To make life easier for themselves in terms of development and support by making the software the same on all platforms. They tried to force Pocket PC users to "Upgrade" by ensuring the new maps only worked with the new (dumber) version of Tomtom.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I like TT7 the best. So now they are really selling it as a CD to install on any Pocket PC?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    so what are your guys settings for tom tom seven (like gps ports). Because mine will take forever to find a signal. I am not boasting but I live around philidelphia so I figure big city good reception and I do just not with tom tom
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I use Googlemap to get a lock first.

Then I boot up TT7.

I didnt have to set any ports. I just use the internal GPS.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    so what are your guys settings for tom tom seven (like gps ports). Because mine will take forever to find a signal. I am not boasting but I live around philidelphia so I figure big city good reception and I do just not with tom tom
    Hi Brian,

Satellite reception comes from a satellite high in the sky and is not directly related to the size of Philedelphia.
    I didn't find any time difference between Garmin XT and TT7 in terms of obtaining a signal, either from a cold or hot start. Both seemed relatively quick to me. Obviously, from cold takes a wee bit longer.

Do you have Quick GPS installed? You may find that speeds things up a bit. That utility came with my (European) Treo pro.

HTH
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sometime when I wait long enough and still no signal, I just do a soft reset and it will be there in less than 1 minute.
    Maybe I'm missing something. I bought TT6 awhile ago. TomTom's site still won't offer me an option to buy TT7, even though people seem to be buying it with US maps. Am I missing something or is it one of the joys of being in the US?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast