Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I actually find it intruiging the the Pro will switch back and forth btwn 1x and Ev depending on what you're doing. Notice, if you send a text, it changes for a split sec to 1x (and I go to 5 bars) and when done it will switch back to Ev which is usually 2 - 3 bars.
    That's logical. When you're using voice or text, it's using one of the channels. The other (1x) channel is still open (or somehow available to the system). That's why you can get a ring when you're browsing. If you browse with a non-EVDO device or in an area without EVDO coverage, new callers go straight to voice mail without notice to you.
    I wouldn't worry about the bars too much. At least on my GTP, they don't reflect the actual signal strength that closely.
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    This has to do with the chipset on the phone and the software interpretation of that. The signal is there, it just doesn't show it properly on the signal indicator.
    seems like the indicators on this phone isnt so accurate (same with battery).
    Outside of the innacurate meters, I've actually dropped quite a few calls in places my Centro didn't have a problem. Very similar to my experience with the Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12