1.    #1  
    Is treo being abandoned or will they continue to make them after this?

Someone just mentioned that they abandoned the treo and are replacing it with the pre as in there will be no more treos after the treo pro.

Is this true? Has there been any announcements from Palm about discontinuing the treo line?

And will there be a PALM version of the pro?
    They say the good die young/So I added some "bad a s s" to my flavor and prolong my life over these drums/
    POS
    What do you mean BY PALM version of the Pro? They already sell unlocked GSM versions.
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    What do you mean BY PALM version of the Pro? They already sell unlocked GSM versions.
    He means a device that runs the Palm OS. To O.P, no there won't be any more Palm O.S devices from Palm themselves. From here on out, it's WebOS and devices and Windows Mobile devices.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Palm has stated that their "Treo" line will be WM only and that they will continue to use WM for their enterprise customers. They shifted product development to mostly 3rd party companies, though Palm oversees and directs development. This frees up their resources for WebOS.

WebOS will continue to go on the Pre and other devices and like the iPhone offer Exchange/EAS support. But, the focus of WebOS is still prosumer, not enterprise.

Of course any of this could change but it would be surprising if Palm dumped their Treo line with WM all together. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Palm$ $has$ $not$ $said$ $as$ $much$.

With the Treo Pro getting mostly positive reviews and finally getting some carrier pickup, I would think they are less inclined to do so.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I saw a demo where you can run the palm os on the pre, so I will get one to play one, cos god knows how much i loved my palm devices.
    I've heard and read Palm repeatedly say they're not going to stop making WM devices, not yet at least. But I don't personally believe that if they have a smashing success with WebOS devices that we'll see another Palm WM Treo. Just my opinion. I think if Palm finds they can survive without WM, they'll dump it and self sustain. I just think it all depends on how well the WebOS devices sell. And I figure if they really want to make a new WM Treo it will be announced soon, because the Treo Pro will be a year old soon. But all they're talking is webOS.

I think Palm "says" what keeps the money flowing, but if it can be done without WM, I would not be surprised if they just went 100% webOS. Just like when it was Palm OS only back in the day.

We all know Palm jumped in with MS out of desperation and I don't expect Palm's old garb or their new garb who are former Apple execs to desire to keep being cozy with MS. Keep in mind, the guy who said WM devices would keep coming is no longer CEO. The reigns are now in the hands of the man who had Pre on his mind.
    I hope the Treo Pro is supported for quite some time b/c finally I found something that works well and does everything that I need and does it pretty well! also I simply cannot afford to buy another phone and I really may not want to stay with sprint....that is in their court for now....I hope wm 6.5 will be available on the pro too!
    I hope palm continues the WM line of the pro. I know about 3 people with the Pre. I have fooled with it, its cool, but the ALL touch screen sometimes irritated me, because I am not used to it yet. I love the Pro, it does everything I need. I see room for improvement though. The screen should be increased in size and the overall form of the device reduced in size. then it would be perfect. Also of course WM 6.5.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Heck, I'm hoping they get Windows 7 out in Oct, then use some of those resources to get hot on WM 7.

Be nice if microsoft could knock it out the park with wm 7...

I'm not so excited about 6.5...

I will say that win 6.x fixed all of my major gripes with the Windows mobile platform, so I can't complain much. There are some thing's I'd like to see in WM 7.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I love my Treo Pro and the Treo line. I have played with the Pre, but also the mostly touch gestures get me irritated as well. I'm so use to a physical keyboard and use the touch screen mostly for selecting text for cut/copy/paste and I've tried doing the same on the Pre, but still can't get it to work.

I would feel so bad if Palm dumps the Treo line altogether.
    I think just like the iPhone, the toch gestures are more gimmick than funtional. I can do most things MUCH faster on the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Heck, I'm hoping they get Windows 7 out in Oct, then use some of those resources to get hot on WM 7.

Be nice if microsoft could knock it out the park with wm 7...

I'm not so excited about 6.5...

I will say that win 6.x fixed all of my major gripes with the Windows mobile platform, so I can't complain much. There are some thing's I'd like to see in WM 7.
    WM7 is scheduled for RTM in January 2010, so look for a Sprint/Summer roll out. They're working on some pretty amazing stuff.

Re: WM6.5, there's more than we has been shown publicly that's coming. Or rather, some devices will have a later build that looks, ahem, significantly different.

Still trying to find out if there are official plans for TP to go 6.5.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Still trying to find out if there are official plans for TP to go 6.5.
    Sprint and Palm putting 6.5 on the TP... I'd not hold my breath.

If you wanted wm 6.5 on a sprint device, I'd look at the HTC pro 2.

I'd settle on a couple of fixes for the treo pro, then it will be excellent. I won't need/want wm 6.5... I could wait for wm 7.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    There is some possibility that the Treo Pro might get a WM 6.5 update. The Sprint HTC Touh Pro (not just the Touch Pro 2) just might get an official WM 6.5 update. The person who posted that e-mail has been very open in speaking on forums. It might happen. So who knows, the Treo Pro might get a WM 6.5 update, if an older device like the Touch Pro gets it. Maybe HTC and Palm will work something out.

If the Touch Pro gets a WM 6.5 update, you folks would have a strong arguing point, to mention the Sprint Treo Pro came out after the Sprint Touch Pro. And so you should get an update.