Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    what is the current sprint smtp address and what do I use for a username? Having trouble using it as an outgoing mail.

    10digitnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    password: same password used to login to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint to view my account.

    outgoing server smtp.sprintpcs.com
    requires authentication.

    Does not work. All the google results are from a while back and I read something about it being discontinued so I thought I would post for something current.
  2. #2  
    I'm pretty sure that Sprint shut down their email back in December.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Sprint shut down their email back in December.
    They said so but it still works. They never really shut it down. I use it everyday still.

    Smtp is smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Pop is pop.sprintpcs.com

    Username - vision username
    Password - vision password

    If you want to view via a web browser, just go to Login : Sprint PCS WebMail.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
    what is the current sprint smtp address and what do I use for a username? Having trouble using it as an outgoing mail.

    10digitnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    password: same password used to login to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint to view my account.

    outgoing server smtp.sprintpcs.com
    requires authentication.

    Does not work. All the google results are from a while back and I read something about it being discontinued so I thought I would post for something current.
    Username has nothing to do with 10 digit phone number, just vision username.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  5. #5  
    Your user id can be found on your phone by going to Settings>About>Phone; it is under "data user name." You can then set your password by logging into your Sprint account and going to My Online Tools>Productivity Tools>Create/change password. At least your outgoing server should be set to smtp.sprintpcs.com and use the userid and password above. If you are setting up for example to enable charter.net email on your phone, set your incoming to mail.charter.net and enter your charter email address for the userid and your password. Hope this helps as it worked for me.
  6. #6  
    I wonder how long Sprint will keep these servers active? I used them for years and especially loved the notification feature which would send you a text message with "from" and "subject" information. This was my quasi push solution for 6 years or so. I would always know when to poll the pop server.

    2mb limit is kind of rediculous though and now that push is finally readily available I was able to move away from it without much pain.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    I wonder how long Sprint will keep these servers active? I used them for years and especially loved the notification feature which would send you a text message with "from" and "subject" information. This was my quasi push solution for 6 years or so. I would always know when to poll the pop server.

    2mb limit is kind of rediculous though and now that push is finally readily available I was able to move away from it without much pain.
    My thoughts exactly. Always loved the text alert to new emails. Even if the eventually shut them down I already have a plan B, Hotmail (since that now pushes to WinMo) . Microsoft just did me a favour since I almost never use my Hotmail acct. I'll be using it more now.

Posting Permissions