Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Will Total Commander open the .reg file?
    Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post
    Will Total Commander open the .reg file?
    No. But PHM Registry Editor will, supposedly...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Thanks for this , I don't want to get lost.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm re-posting this form this earlier thread to gain more visibility.

QuickGPS, from Qualcomm, is an internet based aGPS system whereby your phone downloads GPS ephemeris data in advanced for 7 days. This is then used to compute your location locally in a much more rapid fasion than standalone or network-assisted aGPS. Basically, on a cold-start you'll get an acquisition of your position within seconds (usually less than 10).

Thanks to jeremyspencer for originally putting the pieces together & veedubguru at ppcgeeks for re-working the graphics!

From PPCGeeks/XDA
    1. download attached zip
    2. extract all files
    3. run QuickGPS_VGA_by_SWTOS .cab
    4. reset
    5. run QuickGPS.reg file using Resco Explorer or similar to import
    6. reset
    7. You must have an open internet connection to work!

File contains: QuickGPS_VGA_by_SWTOS .cab; QuickGPS.reg

How can I check to see if the install is installed correctly. Specifically I don't know I "imported" the QuickGPS.reg correctly. I am using PHM Reg Edit.
    Soft reset, then run the program and click the Download button and see if it updates.
    I just downloaded/installed PHM RegEdit (version 0.70) so I could install this. The "import" option in the PHM RegEdit menu is grayed out, and I found at

"h t t p://w w w.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/Help/0.70/"

a note that the import function is not yet functional.

Is there another free regedit program, or is there any other way to install this?

Thanks,

Tommy
    Not sure about your answer but try (Dinarsoft) MemMaid or Total Comander. I use MemMaid, this does quite a bit.
    Okay, thanks. I went to

h ttp://w ww.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/

It's a free trial download, and did just what I needed. I'm gonna play with the other features, and maybe I'll go ahead and pay for the full version if I like it.

Tommy
    Cool. Your going to find that MemMaid is very handy & something you'll depend on & use almost everyday, I keep it in my Menu. Glad to help.
    how do i import the QUICKGPS.REG file with resco explorer
    If you have Resco Explorer's Registry Editor installed, just browse to the file on your phone and select it. Then choose yes to import.
    how do i find the file .where in the registry is it
    Have you actually installed the registry editor? In your Programs folder, select Resco Update. There you should see a link to install the registry editor. Once installed, simply click on that .reg file and it'll merge into the registry.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12