Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Yes, I said it! Why, you ask? Let me explain:

I have been a VERY loyal SplashPhoto user since my Palm Pilot days (really dating myself). I have ALWAYS used and recommended the program, simply because it was the best. I believe my original version was in the 2.x series, (but don't hold me to that!).

Anyway, I have been using SP on my Treo 750, and in October, I got a Treo Pro. All was well, then I purchased an upgrade to SplashPhoto V5. Then it got ugly.

Despite several sites (including Splash Photo's at the time) saying it supported the Treo Pro, it had some issues with the 320x320 screen. When I contacted them in October, they promised that it was a "driver" issue and would be corrected in a few weeks.

I waited, and waited. And waited. Nothing ever came. I finally got a refund, because it was NOT as advertised. To their credit, they removed the Pro from their list of compatible devices.

Yesterday, I wrote them to ascertain the status of the problem, and after being send to "Tier 2" support, here is the email I got:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry, but our attention has been pulled away from Windows Mobile development for the time being. We are a small firm with very limited development resources, and right now we have to focus where the income is - SplashID mainly, and mainly on iPhone and BlackBerry.

We will note your interest in Treo Pro support though when we come back to working on SplashPhoto for WM.

--Justin
    SplashData

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, they want to leave us WM users in the cold, and concentrate on the other phones. It is quite a shame that after taking people's money for products, they won't take the time to properly support what they wrote.

I understand that the iPhone and BB are popular (by not why), but so are the WM machines. If they don't want to support us, we WILL find other software, and when they "come back" to WM, there may be no one to buy their products, because we will have purchased something else from another developer.

So be warned, if you buy a SplashData product and expect help if you have an issue, and you are a WM customer, you are probably out of luck.
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro
    Well, I use SplashID and SplashShopper. I cross-graded both to my new Pro and both work as advertised (and as I'm used too). So, it's not all SplashData products that fail, even if they don't give us the love they SHOULD!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Glad those two products are working for ya. I have always felt that their stuff was superior to most all of the other software out there. but to ignore the platform totally in favor of others is a gross mistake. Other companies will step up to the plate, make a better product, and people will migrate to them new company. Then the old will have lost its edge...

I was, frankly, rather surprised that they came out and said they are convcentrating on other platforms and basically ignoring WM (and probably Palm OS as ell). A real slap in the face to long-time users/supporters of their products.

I was just on their website, and discovered that they have banned me from there - claimed spam! The only posts I have ever made there were asking about the issues - and they banned me! I guess that says a WHOLE LOT about their company now! I will certainly never purchase andy of their products agin!
    Last edited by tommc4; 06/12/2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: new details!
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I would have thought at the very least they would have given you a refund for a producd they apperently knew did not work properly on your device.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    yes, they did give me a refund, and I was remiss in not mentioning that earlier. Over the course of the last few days, I have been in email contact with Justin, and the discussion was interesting. Apparently, their developer for WM products has left, and they are concentrating on the current "in" products, the iPhone and Crackberry.

We ended our communications on a good note, and he has promised to let me know ehn they are working on the WM version again.
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

So when WM 6.5 and 7 come out(6.5 is actually out already on a few devices), there may be no Splash products for them? That's shortsighted IMO, lots of business users still rely on WM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!