1.    #1  
    is there somewhere I can go to check out other shells and skins. I tried out SPB mobile shell and didn't like my memoery usage going up and up all the time, also manilla 2d would not go full scren for me

SO i was wondering if ther is anything esle?
  2.    #2  
    also, where do I get the compact .net framework update?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    is there somewhere I can go to check out other shells and skins. I tried out SPB mobile shell and didn't like my memoery usage going up and up all the time, also manilla 2d would not go full scren for me

SO i was wondering if ther is anything esle?
    Did you try the version of Manila from this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html? And, if so, did you follow the instructions precisely?

You might also take a look at Pointui Home 2 at Pointui. There's a brand new version out that's supposed to deal with (among other things) some 320x320 screen issues. I'll be retrying it later tonight.
  4. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    also, where do I get the compact .net framework update?
    i think this i the latest
    Download details: .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable
    Rex
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Did you try the version of Manila from this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html? And, if so, did you follow the instructions precisely?

You might also take a look at Pointui Home 2 at Pointui. There's a brand new version out that's supposed to deal with (among other things) some 320x320 screen issues. I'll be retrying it later tonight.

i thought I did, mine didn't fit the screen and the default internet and contacts were always infront of everything
    i thought I did, mine didn't fit the screen and the default internet and contacts were always infront of everything
    I'm not quite sure what you're describing, so please clarify the issues more so I can try to help. First, mine's a GSM TP, so there may be some differences.

When you say that the installation didn't fit the screen, is it too big or too small?

And, when you say the default internet & contacts are in front of everything, do you mean the M2D pages won't allow accessing your regular browser & contacts? Or are they bringing up the defaults when you want something else coming up?

Did you follow the installation instructions precisely, including all the soft resets?

Are your issues with or without RealVGA running? And, if it's with RealVGA, at 86 or 128 dpi?
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Then, again, you might not. The initial installation works well. And there seem to be no issues with themes. So you can change the look pretty much any way you want. But changing applets seems to create exceptions with almost anything I tried. Those won't crash your phone, but some will force exiting Pointui.
  8.    #8  
    yeah I tried pointui, It was nice, gonna read more about how to custimize the screen.

But for manilla 2d. first off no real vga, I am using a Sprint Treo Pro (CDMA). Manilla 2D would not go full screen and lets say your at the stock today screen, the two bottom touch button contacts and internet are always infront of manilla 2d.
    yeah I tried pointui, It was nice, gonna read more about how to custimize the screen.

But for manilla 2d. first off no real vga, I am using a Sprint Treo Pro (CDMA). Manilla 2D would not go full screen and lets say your at the stock today screen, the two bottom touch button contacts and internet are always infront of manilla 2d.
    If you're @ 96dpi, M2D should be just a tad short of the bottombar. If you left it @ 128dpi, then you're at normal rez. And there still should be no problem. Was RealVGA the 1st thing you installed (or possibly 1st after any patches & fixes)? If not, both the original author & ebag indicated that there might be issues.
  10.    #10  
    unless the orginal owner installed there is no real vga on my pro. But Ill take a look and maybe try manilla agian