Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Just a question, if I backup my 800W with sprite backup, can I restore it to the PRO? I have a LOT of applications on my 800W that I want to keep without having to reinstall and re-configure
    You definitely would not want to do that in my opinion. Learn to use Sashimi.
    I doubt it. You're going to run into all kinds of problems if you try that. In the long run it'll be much better to simply re-install your apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    Just a question, if I backup my 800W with sprite backup, can I restore it to the PRO? I have a LOT of applications on my 800W that I want to keep without having to reinstall and re-configure
    I did that, and I could not make any phone calls until I called Sprint to reactivate my treo pro phone.
    Put all your .cab files on your SD card (I have about 100). Or like mentioned learn sashimi.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I tried it but it would not do it because the Sprite version on the 800w is different then the Pro. A pop-up screen from Sprite said that when I tried.
    When I went from the 800W to Touch Pro I did a restore and everything sort of worked. Later that day a hard reset was done, the PIM files restored and the applications manually installed. You really are better of doing it manually.

VibrantRedGT suggests storing your CAB files on the card - exactly what I have done since day 1. I also run HanDBase and keep the registration information in one of its files.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Put all your .cab files on your SD card (I have about 100). Or like mentioned learn sashimi.
    Put the cabs on SD card AND use Sashimi, Sashimi will run the cab installers for you. After ROM flashes on my Touch Pro, I have my device apps installed, registered and some basic configuration of apps and my device completed via Sashimi in LESS THAN 10 minutes... I can finish the rest of my config stuff (like BT devices and other things) and have my device as it was before in about an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Put the cabs on SD card AND use Sashimi, Sashimi will run the cab installers for you. After ROM flashes on my Touch Pro, I have my device apps installed, registered and some basic configuration of apps and my device completed via Sashimi in LESS THAN 10 minutes... I can finish the rest of my config stuff (like BT devices and other things) and have my device as it was before in about an hour.
    Wow...that sounds pretty good. Does Sashimi have a user's guide?
    I saw the link to the video tutorials on the main page here:
    home of SASHIMI • View topic - [UPDATE APR-25-2009] SASHIMI 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Wow...that sounds pretty good. Does Sashimi have a user's guide?
    I saw the link to the video tutorials on the main page here:
    home of SASHIMI • View topic - [UPDATE APR-25-2009] SASHIMI 8.0
    You need to register with the site to get all the goodies.

Personally speaking, the video tutorials were enough for me to learn how to use Sashimi. After ROM flashes (Touch Pro) I do all my program installs, program registrations, various file copies for personal customizations and my Owner ID data in a matter of minutes.

But register with the site and start trying it yourself. There is a forum there to assist you with any questions you may have.