Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I started a tread for WM6.5 rom testing and MicroSD card update for the Treo Pro.

If you are brave enough to test, go here. Make sure to read the disclaimers in the first post!

NightRaven - Treo Pro WM6.5 21234 - Not yet tested... - xda-developers

I wish I could rename this thread...
    Last edited by NightRaven; 06/11/2009 at 04:30 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Please read the post above, if you would like to test my custom 6.5 rom and the microSD card update method for the Treo Pro!
    How many brave souls have crossed the line yet?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    How many brave souls have crossed the line yet?
    The rom has been downloaded four times so far. No reports either way yet.
    Last edited by NightRaven; 06/11/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I tried it, but nothing happened when I hit the power button.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    I tried it, but nothing happened when I hit the power button.
    Did you hold the volume up and power at the same time while inserting the battery? It should take you to the bootloader screen, and hitting power again will start the flash. I don't think you can use an sdhc card. I think it needs to be just sd. Anyway that should at least start the flashing process. I got the instructions from the HTC Skywriter (CDMA Treo Pro) Service Manual. So, it should work.

http://rapidshare.com/files/20948765...erC_SM_A01.pdf
    Last edited by NightRaven; 06/11/2009 at 08:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Did you hold the volume up and power at the same time while inserting the battery? It should take you to the bootloader screen, and hitting power again will start the flash. I don't think you can use an sdhc card. I think it needs to be just sd. Anyway that should at least start the flashing process. I got the instructions from the HTC Skywriter (CDMA Treo Pro) Service Manual. So, it should work.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    I can get into bootloader just fine, but pushing the power button to start the flash dose nothing. Both microSD non sdhc cards I tried were formatted correctly (512 MB Transcend & 2GB Lexar), and only had the pantimg.nbh file on them.
    I tried and I got the grey flashing screen but it said No Image Found. The file was named PANTIMG.nbh as directed by the service manual for the HTC CDMA Panther.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by khalaan View Post
    I tried and I got the grey flashing screen but it said No Image Found. The file was named PANTIMG.nbh as directed by the service manual for the HTC CDMA Panther.
    Originally Posted by dnt408
    NightRaven,

I just tried your Rom but it doesn't work. It seems like you're still missing something. It stuck on the gray screen and says "Loading..." Just to confirm I didn't do anything wrong, I extracted the rom from the sprint 1.04 and it did work. Also seems like your Rom is smaller than the official Rom 73MB vs 140MB. Anyways if you have another one to try out, let me know and I'll try it out. Thanks for the hardwork!
    OK. dnt408 over at xda was able to flash the Sprint 1.04 rom using the SD method. So we know that at least works. We also know there is a problem with my 6.5 rom. I not to surpised as its the first rom I've built using an Ervius kitchen. I will build another rom and test it on Monday after I get my Treo Pro. If anyone here knows how to setup the Ervius Kitchens let me know, I'd like to compare the settings.
    so does it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I started a tread for WM6.5 rom testing and MicroSD card update for the Treo Pro.

If you are brave enough to test, go here. Make sure to read the disclaimers in the first post!

NightRaven - Treo Pro WM6.5 21234 - Not yet tested... - xda-developers

I wish I could rename this thread...

NightRaven I wish you all the success on Monday night...When you succeed we all succeed...Godspeed
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB

Device: Htc/Palm Monk
    Rom: Sprint stock/Flash EEPROM
    EOS: Microsoft WM 6.1 Professional
    EMS: 8GB micro sdhc
    i have a palm treo pro 850 cdma sprint locked... how do i unlock it To make it work in india reliance network
    Hey any more ROM tests around? My week off starts tomororrow night & I'm ready to go even if it bricks. I want to copy them into my PC before my week off so where are they at?
    Well it would appear that Nightraven is out of the game for Treo Pro ROMs... I'm truly disappointed...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    No disrespect intended to anyone, but this all seems extremely dangerous.
    It certainly can be, but most of the time, it is not. The only problem is when we are in a situation like the one with the Treo Pro where no one has full cracked the ROM yet.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Well it would appear that Nightraven is out of the game for Treo Pro ROMs... I'm truly disappointed...
    I was about to ask you why you would say that. But then I noticed he made this comment over on XDA:

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven
    I ended up getting a Touch Pro, so I have no way of testing these roms...
    So I guess we Touch Pro folks have yet another great ROM cook in the house. Sorry for you folks, NightRaven did some great things with those 700wx ROMs, based off what I've seen in comments over on the 700wx forum.

But NightRaven's work for the Treo Pro was a GREAT proof of concept! I mean, nobody should try using it, nobody at all, but it proves ROM cooks can now make custom ROMs for the device. The other chefs that were saying they would make Treo Pro ROMs have not been saying much. We know MightMike has a Treo Pro and enjoys it. Juicy47 was talking about getting one as a backup device. So there might be a chance some other chef is cooking up something... At least things are moving further along than before.
    does anyone have 6.5 for their treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrossover View Post
    does anyone have 6.5 for their treo?
    nope, maybe later but nt right now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast