1.    #1  
    I couldn't find the older threads but if you use the code ##3636# on the dial pad, the Treo Pro will ask for a password. I got the following password from Sprint Chat and it worked on my Treo Pro.

The password is 151020.

So, to check if your Rev A is enable:

1) Goto key pad;
    2) Type ##3836#
    3) Enter password 151020 and click okay
    4) You will be sent to a screen showing
    "Preferred Mode: Automatic Setting"
    Rev.A: Enable
    Quote Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
    I couldn't find the older threads but if you use the code ##3636# on the dial pad, the Treo Pro will ask for a password. I got the following password from Sprint Chat and it worked on my Treo Pro.

The password is 151020.

1) Goto key pad;
    2) Type ##3836#
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 'password' you speak of is YOUR MSL and will not work on other phones.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.

The password is 151020.

1) Goto key pad;
    2) Type ##3836#
    Why is this such a big deal these days? Sprint phones come Rev A enabled, I'm not sure why so many of you are skeptical of this fact

You can also just type in ##778# and "View" to check this, though I don't see the point--not one Treo Pro has been found to have this disabled, lol. (this is like the 3rd or 4th time this has come up here)

and gksmithlcw is right, you posted your MSL (Master subsidy lock), which is unique for your device not a general "password".

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    My 800W originally was not enabled. So, I'm not too trusting.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 'password' you speak of is YOUR MSL and will not work on other phones.
    Crap. So, I just told you all my MSL password?
    Yes, but so what? It isn't useful to anyone. Your MSIED/ESN, on the other hand, could be.
    If you're worried about it, just send a PM to berdinkerdickle or one of the other moderators, they'll edit it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Why is this such a big deal these days? Sprint phones come Rev A enabled, I'm not sure why so many of you are skeptical of this fact

You can also just type in ##778# and "View" to check this, though I don't see the point--not one Treo Pro has been found to have this disabled, lol.
    When I do this, I get "Read item failed" on every field...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    If you're worried about it, just send a PM to berdinkerdickle or one of the other moderators, they'll edit it out.
    No, I'm just joking.
    Has anyone who's done this have their REV A off when they checked?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I can't imagine that a Treo Pro would have Rev A not enabled. I just checked mine and of course it's enabled
    My 800W originally was not enabled. So, I'm not too trusting.
    Wasn't this pretty much debunked?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Wasn't this pretty much debunked?
    yup, as far as I'm concerned, yes it was debunked

the deal was it was Rev A enabled but the check box didn't reflect that

if you checked it, you were still Rev A enabled but if you now unchecked it, it was Rev 0 and then people noticed the change in speeds--so they they inferred that "ahh...I was never getting RevA speeds to begin with" but alas, it was incorrect

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter