1.    #1  
    My activesync doesn't sync? However if I reset the Pro to factory. Works fine? If i restore my backup it fails? Something installed is breaking the sync? What can I do to find out what is causing it?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Quote Originally Posted by zone97 View Post
    My activesync doesn't sync? However if I reset the Pro to factory. Works fine? If i restore my backup it fails? Something installed is breaking the sync? What can I do to find out what is causing it?
    Try reinstalling your apps and tweaks one at a time and, when AS stops working, you've found your culprit.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    OMG... That will never happen, you know how long that would take? I have weeks up adding tweaking ect ect.... This just recently happened. Is there a tool that I can see what apps run at startup or are running (even if hidden)?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    OMG... That will never happen, you know how long that would take? I have weeks up adding tweaking ect ect.... This just recently happened. Is there a tool that I can see what apps run at startup or are running (even if hidden)?
    I've had to do it before so, yes, I know how long it takes.. LOL

There are tools to view running apps and processes and whatnot, but I don't know their names off the top of my head.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I try to remember make the occasional sprite back up before installing anything, that way I have something to go back to that is not weeks or months old--but I bet you know this and just hadn't done one lately.

You might want to try Memmaid as it has a ton of tools and might help. It also has a free trial too.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    try disabling advanced usb connection under settings>system>usb to pc. had a similar issue wm5 & on a new treo setup
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Try reinstalling your apps and tweaks one at a time and, when AS stops working, you've found your culprit.
    What gksmithlcw said, is the most logical way to do it. It's going to be hit or miss any other way, and in the long run it will cost you more time.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

8.    #8  
    Just FYI, this issue seems to be registry related. I did a restore of everything but registry and it works, (apps all fail, say unregistered ect.) also while the issue is present it also prevents me from installing or removing applications? If this helps narrow down what could be causing this. [ as I would rather kill one thing, than to install and configure 2 dozen. ]
  9.    #9  
    Solved the issue. Here is how.

backed up unit.
    wiped
    cleaned up phone after wipe. (removed all apps that I could)
    made clean backup.
    restored first backup.
    restored parts of the registry from clean backup. (security, connection ect.)
    cleaned up some changes to today.
    synced right up.