Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i finally figured out how to add ringtones and change the sounds for my phone and messaging applications but it wont let me change the sound for the mail application to anything else not on the list of available sounds. is there a program or patch that will allow me to change the sound?
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    i finally figured out how to add ringtones and change the sounds for my phone and messaging applications but it wont let me change the sound for the mail application to anything else not on the list of available sounds. is there a program or patch that will allow me to change the sound?
    I believe the reasoning behind this is that there is no way to stop the email sound short of flipping the ringer switch to off. So they want you to select shorter sounds and don't make all of the sounds available.

I don't have my 800w with me right now but if I remember correctly drop the particular sound you want for your email into the Sounds folder. I believe it is under >application data>sounds. Just go to your file explorer, find where the file is stored, copy it, and then paste it in that folder. It should show up as an option to select. The only downside is now under sounds and notifications and the manage tab, it will list that twice if you have already added it as a ringtone.
    By the way, I like this one. It's from Eurotrip. So if you haven't seen the movie and potentially could be offended, don't open it. Also, change the file extension to .mp3
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I believe the reasoning behind this is that there is no way to stop the email sound short of flipping the ringer switch to off. So they want you to select shorter sounds and don't make all of the sounds available.

I don't have my 800w with me right now but if I remember correctly drop the particular sound you want for your email into the Sounds folder. I believe it is under >application data>sounds. Just go to your file explorer, find where the file is stored, copy it, and then paste it in that folder. It should show up as an option to select. The only downside is now under sounds and notifications and the manage tab, it will list that twice if you have already added it as a ringtone.

thank you so much! worked perfectly!
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w